We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixtapa Mexico

1 post
Save Topic
Ixtapa Mexico

Do you ever fly direct from regina ? Also do you have a 10 day?

12 replies to this topic
Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Personally, I've never heard of regina and the last time I had a 10 day, it was a cold. What the H are we talking about?

Saskatchewan
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Sunwing flies direct Friday’s I believe,. We just went for 11 days with Westjet, but you do have to change planes in Calgary.

Ted, Regina is a city in Saskatchewan.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,481 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Ted, Ted, Ted....you don't know Regina? It's 'the city that rhymes with fun'! ;)

Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan, where I am from.

Bernice, as per the last poster, Sunwing flies once a week but then you are stuck buying a package with one of their hotels only, and either one or two weeks.

I always fly WestJet to Mexico, from Saskatoon and connect in Calgary (same day and quick connections) and then you can do different lengths, I usually do ten or 14 days. To Cancun, Zihua, or Huatulco- I think they also fly to Cabo or Manzanillo as well. I am sure there is also early flights from Regina to Calgary, too. If you watch you can usually get it for about $750-850.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

You can fly Sunwing from Regina air only if you want, it’s not required to buy a package or hotel through Sunwing. It’s cheap now if you went this Friday $595 or Good Friday is $705 for air only

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,481 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

What is the regular price for air-only? I didn't think you can do that, but regular price is likely more than WestJet?

I've had a few negative experiences with Sunwing so I tend to try to avoid flying them whenever possible. But a direct flight certainly is nice!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Oh, Regina. I though she said regina.

calgary
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

The city that rhymes with fun? Oh you are a saucy one, Ris.

Wesjet also flies to Mazatlan, and in partnership with AeroMexico to Leon, Guadalajara, Mexico City and a few other places.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

I think regular price on Sunwing is $895

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,481 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Thank you, Sums. I guess the question boils down to if saving two hours on each end of your trip is worth $400-ish a couple....and a higher risk of delayed or changed flights.

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ixtapa Mexico

Hi there, Friday we are leaving to Ixtapa from Stoon and stopping in Regina to pick up and drop off on our way back 🍹

Edited: 27 March 2018, 22:35
Reply to: Ixtapa Mexico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted