We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a condo on trip advisor..

Kimberley, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a condo on trip advisor..

I am looking at condos for next February for a month in Ixtapa. Has anyone on here ever booked thru trip advisor and do you have any useful info for me? I have found one but I’m really not sure about it and can you cancel or get your money back ?

Please help... and if you have a condo please help even more : )

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
483 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a condo on trip advisor..

I have booked both BVGs on VRBO. You might like to check VRBO also.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a condo on trip advisor..

If you are looking for 1 bedroom I can personally recommend this site www.myixtapavacation.com. This Alberta couple owns two 1 bedroom condos at Bay View Grand Marina in Ixtapa. Both condos are great with an awesome views and fully modern furnishings. As for cancellations I believe each condo owner would have their own policies. I would suggest you take out cancellation insurance if you are concerned. You are free to private message me if you want any other info..

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,699 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a condo on trip advisor..

Read very very carefully,...and map each property...as Trip Advisor has all of their condos all messed up by locations. You can look for Ixtapa...but you will get other locations around the area...maybe not where you even want to be. Trip Advisor has been sent all of the corrections...but does not care to correct one single one of these errors...so just be careful that you get to where you really want to be for a month!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Ixtapa
Ixtapa
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Kimberley, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a condo on trip advisor..

Thanks for the tips and advice on condo help. We are watching all the sites including airbnb, vrbo and homeway plus trip advisor. We have always gone for 2 weeks and always all-inclusive but the idea of a month in a condo is so tempting for next year.

I did check out the myixtapavaction site and did an inquiry but honestly it is wayyyyy out of our price range for a month there. We are looking to spend about half at the most that they are asking for ( $7000.00 ) for a little less than a month actually.

Thanks all

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking a condo on trip advisor..

Sherryd... ... WOW on the price you got quoted ... that seems extremely high we pay $ 2400 cdn for 2 weeks in Dec. already booked for next year at the same price.

Reply to: Booking a condo on trip advisor..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted