We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist visa rejected !!!

Algiers, Algeria
Level Contributor
494 posts
84 reviews
tourist visa rejected !!!

Hello

this question is for information purposes only:

My wife & I are Algerian citizens living in Algeria, our tourist visa application has been refused for reasons:

- the reason for your visit

- your movable property and your financial situation

clearly my reason for visiting is tourist or my tourist visa application!

I have an apartment in my possession but I also want to point out that no document concerning movable property is mentioned on IMM5484F / IMM5883F

as for my financial situation, I presented documents that prove that I have sufficient means to support ourselves (my wife and myself)

I have already traveled to more than 40 countries, and as a reference visa I have provided copies of our USA, UK, Australia, Schengen visas, so I am sincerely shocked to learn that my application has been rejected.

Has any of you ever been refused a visa for these same reasons?

Enlighten me because I do not understand anything!

THANK YOU

14 replies to this topic
Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

Algeria visa need invitation letter from any Tour Agent , do you attach this?

Edited: 19 July 2018, 03:48
Thailand
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

sorry for my misunderstanding for your questions.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
688 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

I am a UK citizen and have also been refused entry to Canada as I have PR status from well over a decade ago which they claim is 'unresolved'! What is unresolved about it? I just don't live there anymore!

How is this grounds to refuse someone entry on a 2 week holiday?

The Canadian Government clearly don't want anyone foreign to visit their country! It's a disgrace.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,831 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

It's not a disgrace - it's a change of policy. Every country has the right to decide who may or may not cross their borders.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
688 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

Yes they do! I can see tourist numbers to Canada falling off a cliff with these kind of policies.

Treating law abiding tourists like common criminals!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

Seeing as last year was a new record for tourist visits to Canada, I'd say that your projected decline isn't happening, so many visitors are receiving their eTAs just fine. Speaking purely selfishly, I'd be OK with a decline, since hotel prices in Canada have been climbing in recent years due to the increased demand.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,831 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

"Treating law abiding tourists like common criminals!"

Enough of the histrionics .. you haven't been treated like a common criminal ... the rules have changed concerning those with PR status, dual citizenship, etc. You didn't do your research, made assumptions based on previous visits, and you were caught out. You haven't been banned... you just need to sort out your abandoned PR status.

As noted, tourism is way up in this country, many people receive their ETA's, etc just fine, and there are innumerable discussions about the ETA on TA and other travel forums, including specific advise NOT to book non-refundable travel plans before getting the proper documentation.

Don't blame us for your poor planning and assumptions.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
688 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

Partly poor planning on my part I agree, since you wouldn't expect a visit to Canada to include having to send off your marriage certificate etc. so yeah, smug, but correct I suppose.

Actually visits from the UK to Canada were down 4% last year.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
22,022 posts
130 reviews
9. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

Maybe because of economic uncertainty in the UK with the whole Brexit situation?

Or maybe not? "Canada welcomed over 801,000 visitors from the United Kingdom in 2017, just short of the outstanding performance recorded in 2016. This is the second highest annual arrivals from the UK in almost 10 years and well ahead of the average in recent years." (Source: https:/…united-kingdom )

But if the number of Brits was down, it was more than made up by other nationalities: "Tourism numbers were up 4.4% in 2017 over 2016, and 2018 is looking to be another very strong year."

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
10. Re: tourist visa rejected !!!

There are Canadian laws about correctly using your permanent residency status. You say you have had PR status from well over a decade ago.

<<To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. During this time you must be here physically. >>

When in a 5 year period did you spend 2 years in Canada?

You must not have met that requirement. Perhaps you were not aware that you did not meet that requirement. Some one noticed and deemed your eTA application as unresolved.

IRCC have noticed that you now <<only want to visit Canada and you know you have not met the residency obligations because you have been outside of Canada for a long period of time and

You don’t want to wait for a visa officer to assess whether or not you are still a permanent resident of Canada; or

You would like to apply for a temporary resident visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA); or

You would like to avoid delays at the Port of Entry.>>

It may come down to deciding what to do with your PR status in order to resolve the outstanding issue: cic.gc.ca/english/…5781ETOC.asp

Edited: 20 July 2018, 03:58
Reply to: tourist visa rejected !!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted