We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

My wife and I are staying at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos in a few weeks. I have heard the taxi is fairly expensive to get into Cabo San Lucas. If we didn't want to take that trip, is there anything to do in San Jose del Cabo? We were hoping to get out one day and check out the town. Maybe hit up a restaurant or bar, walk the streets, check out some shops. Does that exist in San Jose or do we really need to go to Cabo for that?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

6 replies to this topic
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
357 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

You can definitely do all those in san jose. It totally depends on your preference. San jose is what I describe as more artsy, low key, but plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. Cabo tends to be louder, busier and bigger. Both are great places to visit.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

Secrets is 3.5 miles east of San Jose, and 25 miles east of Cabo.

San Jose is a lovely town to stroll but much more laid back that Cabo.

Here's some things to do in San Jose, and a video at the end. You will need to take a taxi into town (approx $10 one way), and if you go to Cabo, I would rent a car. Return taxi might be as much as $160 - $200 USD. Although rumour has it that UBER is coming and may be there as soon as October....stay tuned for that.

As for things to do in San Jose.....

Art Walk - every Thursday evening in the arts district - a must do. http://www.artcabo.com/art-walk.html

Walk down to the beach - and go for a long stroll

Shop the boutiques

There is a dolphin enclosure both behind the La Comer store but also out at the marina

Tuesday is usually a craft fair in town square in the evenings

Saturday there is usually something going on in town square in the evenings

Take a trip out to Flora Farms or Acre for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (which is closer to Secrets but still transportation is needed) Reservations recommended. https://www.flora-farms.com/ http://acrebaja.com/

Go to the glass blowing studio and watch the artisans at work

Check out Tienda 17 on Avenue Centenario just north of East Cape Road and marvel at all the amazing furniture, chandeliers, art, and draperies from the hotels and villas of the rich and famous that are for sale on consignment (I know...sounds weird but I could spend hours in there)

Wander down to Zippers for a burger and beer and watch the surfers, or for a little higher end place, 7 Seas at Cabo Surf Hotel. These are both out on the highway.

Go to the Farmers Market on Saturdays

If all that fails, you can always get drunk at any number of neighborhood bars.

Go to Cabo for a day trip and walk the marina, take a water taxi tour of the arch and get dumped off on Medano Beach for lunch.

Here's a nice video overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qderkkxWeDg

Edited: 17 September 2018, 21:07
Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

Thank you for the response. I did see this response in another post. I was hoping to get some additional feedback from any others that may have visited the town. But this is good info. Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
76 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

It's not that expensive when you rent a car, and it's easy to get around, and, you don't have to depend on taxis. Well worth it. You don't have to take out all the coverages, at least with Hertz. Yes, they will say you need to, but you don't. They will put a $500 or so on your cc until you return the car. Take a video of your car before you drive off and again when you return, although Hertz does this and sends you the video. Check what coverage you have with your cc company.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
198 reviews
5. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

No need to go to Cabo to find what you listed but Cabo is fun too.

Wandering around the San Jose del Cabo historic centre is great. Lots of restaurants, shops, the old church, town square, art galleries, photo ops etc. Plenty to keep you entertained.

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,797 posts
176 reviews
6. Re: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??

Taxi from Secrets to Historical area of San Jose (4 mile ride) is $25 each Way for 1 to 4 people.

Round Trip to Cabo San Lucas (25 miles each way) is approx $65 Each Way

Edited: 10 October 2018, 16:53
Reply to: Things to do in San Jose Del Cabo??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo