We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vida Vacations Information Update

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Vida Vacations Information Update

Many visitors to this site have questioned the "name change" at Vidanta Resorts. The name of the organization is Grupo Vidanta, and it has always been Grupo Vidanta. The company was established in 1974. Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss, Grand Mayan, the Bliss, Mayan Palace, and Sea Garden were brand names. Hilton and Marriott have brands, which operate under other names. So it should come as no shock that Vidanta has the same practice.

Vidanta (through Vida Vacations) sells timeshare or residency memberships. The company currently operates in Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Mazatlan, San Jose del Cabo, Puerto Penasco, and on Riviera Maya (north of Playa del Carmen and south of Cancun).Vidanta has begun construction at East Caoe (which is located northeast of San Jose del Cabo in Baja California Sur. As construction projects in Nuevo Vallarta are complete, you will see more construction at East Cape.

I purchased a Mayan Palace membership in foreclosure in 2007, which I exchanged for vacation opportunities elsewhere during my early years. In February 2010 I visited Vidanta Resorts and attended a sales presentation at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta. Carlos, my sales representative showed me the property and explained future development plans. I liked Carlos, but I was most skeptical about the development plans. We negotiated the price, and I purchased a small piece of the pie. The following year I returned to Nuevo Vallarta for a R&R and a few of the developments, described by Carlos, were now open. I decided to trade-in another timeshare, and consolidate the Mayan Palace and the Grand Mayan memberships into a Grand Bliss membership. A few years later I traded-in 2 more timeshares, and upgraded the Grand Bliss to the Grand Luxxe membership. The sales people at Vida Vacations are accurately describing future building plans. At times, the timeline has not been accurate, due to a sluggish economy. I advise members to be patient with the Developer, as we want quality resorts. While waiting, explore Vidanta's existing resorts (while dreaming of your future vacations in East Cape).

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Los Cabos
The Grand Mayan at...
1,315 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
San Jose del Cabo
San Jose del Cabo
Los Cabos, Mexico
Puerto Penasco
Puerto Penasco
Sonora, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Baja California Sur
Baja California Sur
Baja California, Mexico
Grand Luxxe Residence Club
Grand Luxxe Residence...
4,252 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 45 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
One&Only Palmilla
One&Only Palmilla
#3 of 45 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
1 reply
lakewood, ca
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vida Vacations Information Update

Since Tripadvisor won't let me publish this review on their regular site I'll give it a go here...

My husband & I own a 'legitimate' contract/timeshare in Lake Tahoe & have used it to our advantage for many years. It is currently for sale through the office where we bought it...could take a while...meanwhile, we use it. We booked a week at Vidanta/Grand Bliss in Mexico...Dec. 29-Jan. 4, 2017/2018 through Interval International. The property is pristine & glossy & we were, of course, met immediately after check in by the concierge & offered multiple discounts on various things if we agreed attend a 'review' of our timeshare vs. their offers. I was DEAD SET against it but my husband was too curious to see what they had to offer. And in order to receive the 'discounts', I had to attend with him. Where to begin. They must fly into the lower depths of HELL to recruit these 'sub-human' sales people. Wow. I don't honestly know how they sleep at night & I suspect most of them don't. From nano second number one, we knew we had just entered into a tank full of famished, blood thirsty sharks. It actually bordered on being funny. It's sad to think that SO many people fall for this crap. Sad & unreal. One of the most UNprofessional 'presentations' I've ever witnessed. And the final 'presenter', a guy named, "BRAVE BENSON", was a piece of work. Never met a more childish grown man in such a position. That ANYONE thought he'd be good at what he's doing there, is beyond my comprehension. His transformation from somewhat of a smile before he knew we weren't going to drink the Koolaid to his incredible childish hostility after he learned we weren't going to drink the Kookaid was actually funny. And our female, 'presenter', in her lipstick, makeup & mini-dress, acted like she didn't even know us when we gave her our final, "NO". I find it shocking & puzzling that Cirque du Soleil has teamed up with this company. Perhaps they aren't in on the level of scam going on there. Don't know. On a brighter note, please let me say that ALL of the Mexican people who work at this resort, trained as they may be, are the friendliest, kindest, most helpful people you will ever encounter. But that's not unusual, as they are that way all over Mexico. This was our first & very LAST stay at a hyper-mega resort. NOT our thing. And NOT what we feel is the real Mexico. We enjoyed our stay at a $40/night place in a working class neighborhood in Puerto Morelos, miles from the beach, WAY more than at this hyper-mega resort. The hostess was hyper-mega kind & grateful to have us as her guests & her only sale was her hospitality, a clean bed, hot shower & delicious breakfast. I just hope this 'review' can help people steer clear of these blood thirsty hyper-mega resort sharks.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Reply to: Vida Vacations Information Update
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo