We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

Minneapolis...
2 posts
Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

hello.

my husband and i are wanting to sell or terminate our timeshare contract with pueblo bonito sunset resort in cabo san lucas. we bought in 2007 and have used it twice so we want to get rid of it. there is way too much misleading information on google about how to do this.

does anyone know what the process to terminate your contract is and what the fees associated with doing so are? or what the process to sell/transfer to another party? at this point we are interested in selling or giving it away because it's a waste for us.

any and all advice is appreciated.

many thanks!

61 replies to this topic
Roseville...
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

What type of room do you have,what are the maintenance fees? The last time I checked they charged 500$US to transfer the contract

Minneapolis...
2 posts
2. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

We have a Jr Suite - every other year. Maintenance fees are around $400-$500 I believe, will need to check.

I believe you are correct - $500 to transfer or I think that's the same fee to terminate our contract, which we are interested in doing if nobody wants it.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,918 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

You can join the private Facebook Pueblo Bonito Owners Group (unofficial) and offer your timeshare for free; buyer to pay transfer fee. Or you can try to rent it there. If you do choose to "sell" it, then you can 'unjoin' the Facebook group.

Edited: 12 October 2016, 21:44
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
99 reviews
4. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

You won't have any trouble giving it away, selling it is a different story. You should list whether the usage is for odd or even years, how many years remaining on the contract, what the current maintenance fees are, whether it's a fixed or floating week, and whether you will pay the transfer fees as well.

That's weird that they will let you cancel your contract. Didn't know Pueblo Bonito would do something like that.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

I know people that have used these guys in Canada, looks like they are also in your area. They have a money back guarantee..

https:/…

Texas
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

They were taking them back for the transfer fee of $500. You may want to check with them

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

I am looking to balance my every other, even year ownership at grand solmar. Message me and we can discuss

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,241 posts
176 reviews
8. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

Dnutter.......You should send Muehlha2016 a personal message if you want their Timeshare at Pueblo bonito sunset beach.

9. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2016, 01:01

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare

Just purchased at PBSB. Have read so many negative things that I don't trust their contract, especially the take back contract of another resort week we own. Sounds like we could still get stuck with it and owe the credit that was given to us as time of purchase. Haven't paid anything yet except for deposit. Presidential suite every other odd year beginning with this year. Have contacted the resort. Will see if I hear anything back. Imagine we will just be stuck with it and have to make the most of it.

Reply to: Selling or Canceling Pueblo Bonito Sunset Timeshare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted