We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

That seems to be the one resort that I've heard nothing about. Thanks.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

Bump

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

Latest Update from Esperanza:

Phone lines and internet communications are still not functioning at the resort, but we are working hard to restore them. Once our staff has access to communications, they will respond to all inquiries and requests as quickly as they possible again. Thank you for your patience as we work to restore these services. Please check back regularly, as we will be posting more updates as they become available.

Again, the resort is closed from now until October 13, 2014. For those scheduled to stay at Esperanza between now and October 13, we will be contacting you about rescheduling your stay. We encourage you to look at our other sister Auberge Resorts properties as well. Feel free to email inquiries, questions, and concerns to esp.res@aubergeresorts.com

Thank you for your patience during this process!

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

Haven't seen any pics or heard anything other than the statement above and an earlier one on Facebook. Probably no pics because all guests were evacuated to San Diego before the hurricane so no one there to take pics.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

Thanks so much, and yes, I assumed that there were no photos because Esperanza, Las Ventanas and One & Only Palmilla were pro-active in getting their guests out before Odile hit. This is why they deserve their 5 stars.

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

My sister and BIL are owners at Esperanza. They just sent me 500 photos that resort sent to them. Considering the severity of the storm and photos I have seen of other hotels, it doesn't look too bad. Some of the palapas are still standing and a lot of the widows are just blown open, not out or completely demolished. Sad to see all the huge palm trees down and the palapa at the owner's pool down but considering everything it doesn't look too bad.

6. Re: Any news on the status/condition of Esperanza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 05:16