We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

US Airways

I have contacted US Airways several times to see if they will waive the $200 per ticket ($400) change fee for our scheduled flight to Cabo on 10/17 with return 10/24. US Airways will not budge. They are sticking to the date of 9/30 on waiving fees. We also have 1 year from ticket date of purchase (not travel) to use remaining funds on $800 ticket. I contacted Chase to see if I could dispute it. Conference call between Chase, US Airways & myself. US Airways –holding firm – won’t budge. Chase will not go against or over-ride US Airways policies. US Airways states they will only refund ticket if airport is closed or flights canceled. All we are asking for is waive of fees to rebook. Airlines is NOT interested in customer service. They have lost me as customer for sure.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

Understand your frustration with the airlines. we're booked a week before you (Oct 10-17) on USAirways out of PHX - I have no idea yet what will happen with our plans. I'd like to go, but at this time, it's really not up to us it seems, it's up to Mother Nature and how well she lets the area recover. Lets all hope that Tropical Storm Polo does not head towards Los Cabos.

Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

US Airways allowed me to change today, we are now going to Tampa Florida the same week. October 26-Nov 2nd. I guess it depends on who you get.

Cologne, Minnesota...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

We have tickets on US Airways for October 2nd and as of yet they still will not budge. Insurance does not cover hurricanes. The hotel will gladly move us to their Cancun location since they are closed, but we have no affordable way to get there. We have to pay $200 each for 8 of us and we can't find any decent flights for that time.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

It also depends on the type of ticket you have and the fare basis it was booked on. Some are more flexible, so that could be why Love Cabo was able to change.

Some insurance does cover hurricanes.

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

The airlines are getting way out of control with these $200 change fees. Every time you turn around this fee gets higher.

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

Same situation with United for travel 10/4-11. They won't budge on their $200/pp change fee and tell you to keep checking back...all the while they expect you wait till the very last minute. And then at the last minute, i can haer it now, theyll say....SJD is open and now accepting flights. Just bad cust support and decision making.

Denver, Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

Our Hotel Timeshare is not allowing arrivals prior to January 31st 2015. US Air still is requiring us to pay $200 per ticket. We travel just 10 days from what they are allowing to change tickets without a change fee. Oct 25 - Nov 1st. Will not be flying US Air again. Unimpressed with out they handle their customers when a disaster strikes that is out of our control. Just overall bad customer service!

United States
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

lisa...if you wait those dates will be extended although your date of Feb. 1 2015 is no doubt going to be out of the question and unless you have insurance you may have a problem...but most airlines are also allowing people to change for future date but don't know if that is possible for you next Feb.

Denver, Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

Thanks Gene! I have already waited a couple of days and still not moving dates out. How long should I have to wait? My brother was going to go with us using Delta and he was able to change his flights no problem even though he didn't fall into their dates effected. No budging room from US AIR. Not even allowing us to move to a future date or a different location.

United States
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US Airways - Change fee $200 per ticket

I would give it some time...I guess I'm not sure what you want to do...do you to change to different destination or go next Feb.?