We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

Level Contributor
326 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

Hi Everyone,

I am supposed to be going on September 26 to Cabo. My flight is with Aero Mexico I called them and they told everything is normal and the bad weather is over and everything is wonderful. I am from Miami and I know the amount of destruction hurricanes cause. The hotel I am staying in informed they are closed until the first week of october. They stated that there will be no refunds what should I do?

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

AeroMexico is horrendous, I would not trust anything they say, their customer service is horrible.

Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

I am in the EXACT same situation but my flight is scheduled to leave the 19th. I have sent multiple emails to Customer Relations and spent 5+ hours on the phone with AeroMexico. As I type this email I am on hold for about the 10th time waiting for a "Manager". Please let me know if you make any progress with them as I have pretty much exhausted all options. Good luck to all dealing with AeroMexico --- I will NEVER use them again.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,765 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

AeroMexico is obviously not being truthful...

Reschedule for later in the year...

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

From what I understand the airport is closed in Cabo until 10-10. The airport took a devastating hit. Our timeshare is closed until Nov 21.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

what timeshare company are you talking about I s closed till Nov?

Level Contributor
326 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

I am about to call my CC company and let them deal with it. My friend is on the phone with expedia right now. We both took time off from work so we want to see if we can plan another quick trip

Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

I just got off the phone with AeroMexico again. This time I spoke with an agent named Freddy. At the end of the lengthy call and after he spoke with his supervisor he came back and simply told me there was nothing he could do and I needed to email customer relations AGAIN. I asked him if he had seen pictures of Cabo or seen pictures of the airport. He stated he had and that the airport was operational... IN FACT .. "AeroMexico has sent two flights to RESCUE passengers stranded in Cabo" he says. So I ask him... "You sent two planes to RESCUE passengers, but you're telling me you still think it's safe for me to fly into Cabo on Friday" He simply lost his words and stated "I have nothing to say about that." I am in complete shock in dealing with their customer service department. It's absolutely awful.

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

Call 1800 800 9999 tomorrow during business hours and ask for Octavio. Do not yell, be as nice as possible, and say thank you, he is a very nice person and he'll try to help you. It will be easier if you can rebook your flight rather than request a refund. Good luck and you don't remember where you got his name and number ;)

Level Contributor
326 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

I just got off the phone with my cc company and they have told me they will refund me and for me to send them proof the airport is closed. NEVER again will I deal with those people

Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AeroMexico refuses to give any info about flights & refunds

I am on the phone with Chase Credit Cards now. Thank you for the advice. I have gotten nowhere with AeroMexico.