We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Does anyone know if there was any damage to Secrets Marquis Los Cabo and if so how extensive?

Thank-you.

Carlsbad, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Im wondering the same thing. We are supposed to go there next week for our honeymoon. Hope someone replies!

Carlsbad, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Im wondering the same thing. We are supposed to go there next week for our honeymoon. Hope someone replies!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

My nephew is there on his honeymoon. He says 1st floor is pretty much wiped out. They have not been allowed back into their room yet. No A/C. Lights are running on generators. His flight today was cancelled until Wednesday. Not Good. I think Beach and Pool are messed up too.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Everything is a mess here at marquis. We are still in shelter, no running water or ac. Resort is in shambles best we can see (they arent letting us see much). They have told us that we are "refugees" and not guests, so we get three meals a day and bottled water. No alcohol allowed. Toilets dont flush, people cant shower..... The staff is doing the best they can, but this is hell. Just heard we will not be out of the shelter until tomorrow at the earliest. Our luggage is all still in our boarded up and probably destroyed rooms, so even if we had someplace else to go, we are stuck here. We were told no flights out until Wed.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Oh that's horrible., Kaili. We don't leave till October , called West-jet Vacation but they said everything would probably be good by then. But I highly doubt that if there was that much destruction. Thank you for replying and wishing you all the best.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

That hotel was bound to get it very bad. The wall of the pools are very close to the ocean, so are the casita suites. I'm sure they are totaled. The lobby is wide open, can't even fathom what went through there last night. I knew they were going to be in shambles. So sad. I wouldn't count on staying there next week. Maybe Puerto Los Cabos can take you? They are set further back from the ocean and probably didn't sustain the same amount of ocean damage.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Do you have any pictures or more detail you can give me? I am getting married there in two weeks and am having a mild panic attack. We have 110 guests coming in and the wedding/reception was supposed to be at the sunrise pool which is in front of the Casitas.

We of course can't get a hold of anyone at the resort and are completely in the dark.

I hope everyone is doing okay and safe! thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

I think there might be an issue with that, but you'll have to wait for an official report from Marquis - they sent an e mail saying they are assessing damage now. I personally would be surprised if they'll be accepting guests in two weeks. Maybe Secrets Puerto Los Cabos can take your group, if it comes to that?

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

Oh no! We are scheduled to come on Saturday. Is there anyway it will be better by then? Based on your description probably not. Thanks,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Marquis Los Cabo Damage?

I would highly doubt they will be ready for guests by Sat. I don't even think the airport will be ready!