We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any "deals" to play golf? activities for teens?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
any "deals" to play golf? activities for teens?

Geat reading these postings. Took up too much of my time today as I kept reading them.....anyway, My wife and I are heading with kids (4) for 9 days to Cabo starting this Friday and three of their friends. Bringing 3 x 17 year old boys and 2 x 15 year old girls along with 2 younger children. Staying on Medano Beach. Any tips to keep the teens out of trouble and activities for them to do? they wanted to surf (have done some limited surfing in Santa Cruz) and I was wondering any way to get any "deal" at any of the golf courses? If have to do a timeshare presentation what max might they offer me for golf, etc...Is the Crazy Lobster a place kids can go to? Of all the Medano Beach bar places which is best of them for lunch/dinner (Office, Mango Deck, etc) Thanks in advance.

Paradise on Earth
Level Contributor
680 posts
1. Re: any "deals" to play golf? activities for teens?

CaboReady,

The beach is a great place for kids of all ages. There's volleyball for the guys and girls, parasailing, skydiving, jetskiing, water taxis and so much more.

Teens will be teens. As long as they are happy and having fun they won't be looking for trouble. The best place for surfing is by Cabo Surf Hotel near San Jose.

The only real time anyone can get into trouble, unless they go looking for it, is at night. I would guess if you keep their money supply low they can't get into too much trouble since drinks are pretty expensive anyplace they'd want to go.

The first time my son, now 23, came to Cabo my husband told him flat out what was on the streets and what could happen if he accepted any of what was offered. Losing your freedom to a Mexican jail isn't something anyone wants - ever. So far, so good.

The Country Club has the best deals on golf. It might also be called The Raven in some printings. Its a much better course than it was a few years ago. Not sure what you can get with a ts presentation or how many people it would include.

Crazy and Sleepless Lobsters are places for anyone and owned by the same people.

The office would be the best for any meal and all the kids will love the entertainment on the beach. Mango Deck, Billigans, The Office - all are great places for entertainment and people watching but The Office has better food.

IF you want to stay away from the Spring Break crowd try Tobascos on Medano Beach. My husband and I love it. Its just across the arroyo from Villa del Palmar in front of Cascades. Great food and no spring break-type entertainment but great people watching, beaching, beach activities and watching the sky divers come in. Watching the sky divers is intoxicating...have your camera ready.

We also have a great movie thearter in the mall (English and Spanish) and video arcade with bowling alley. Lots of fun at the mall.

Rochester, In
Level Contributor
53 posts
2. Re: any "deals" to play golf? activities for teens?

CaboReady, Where are you staying on Medano? We're going in Sept. We're staying at PB Rose. Try www.allaboutcabo.com. Saw a link for free golf( Raven). There's a link for cyber coupons for a lot of stuff, including golf at the Raven without any presentation. If you play the Raven or any course, we'd like any info you'd like to share. We've researched a lot for Cabo in general and for golf. If you'd like, you can e-mail us at gtrog7@yahoo.com Be sure to post upon return! From everything we've read your kids will have plenty to explore and do! Have a great time!