We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Santa Fe Thefts

saint charles, mo
7 posts
Riu Santa Fe Thefts

We are going to the Riu Santa Fe in Cabo and have read several reviews of being robbed in the middle of the night by while your sleeping. Also several people mentioned lots of people complaining about Hotel Security being caught going thru their belongings when they came back to their rooms?

You would think Hotel Management would get a handle on this right away. This is terrible publicity for the hotel.

I would love to hear some feedback on this issure from people that have stayed there recently to hear about the front desk reaction, etc.

Thanks in advance. I have always used this site before I travel and have received lots of good advice. You fellow travelers are awesome.

saint charles, mo
7 posts
1. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

Also how secure is the safe in the room. Has that been broken into? We have always used on in the past and never had a problem.

moorhead, mn
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

Read this thread...it may answer some questions!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k42116…

We had no trouble when we stayed there over Christmas and we did not hear anything from anyone about thefts. There is a safe and a deadbolt on the room doors! Tip and maybe they will not be tempted to steal from you!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

That is the most ignorant response to a question I have heard in a long time. Theft should never be condoned. I feel I am under paid for my job but do not steal from my company to compensate. ! I have been traveling to Cabo longer than most and love it but let's not make excuses for illegal behavior that will stop many people from visiting there if they feel the mexican workers will do this as a general rule.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

Don't worry about the thefts, just watch out for all them crazy drunk women that coming knocking on your door.

Camano Island...
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

Get ripped off once like we did and it will ruin all your future trips with paranoia. "Safe Broken into"

Great items on a site called" corporatesafety.com".

Look for an item called "MILOCKIE" it's an additional Universal Room Safe Lock.

Look for anything from PACSAFE. Locking bags with incorporated steel mesh.

And yes get a door stop. forget the handle Alarms. some Drunk always grabs the wrong door.

Surf the web for other advice.

I have all of these items and can now again enjoy my trips.

This isn't just Mexico it's everywhere.

Take precautions and you should be able to enjoy your trip.

moorhead, mn
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

RomaNewJersey-

It was a joke...sorry typing can not reflect sarcasm. I apologize for my ignorance.

Sincerely,

VERY educated citizen

7. Re: Riu Santa Fe Thefts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:18