We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
466 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

Ok guys help me out. I tell her it's the border towns not Cabo. Well I guess Cancun is not safe for wives. Anyway. Please reassure her Cabo is fine.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

Well said soccerref!! You are now hooked!! lol!!

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
874 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

Below Tijuana, I would say that the Baja Penisula is safer than the United States. And I don't mean the heavy-crime spots of the U.S., like LA and New York and Washington D.C.; I mean the entire U.S.

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

I'm hoping the hubs and I could one day retire in Cabo. And that's the truth!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

This morning's paper yielded "Deadly night in Chicago: 7 killed and 18 more wounded in a matter of hours in shootings." It goes on to say most of the 7 who died had documented gang ties; nobody was in custody in any of the slayings. At least two of the victims died in drive-by shootings, including an 18 year old who was killed as he pushed his son down the street in a stroller.

If that had happened in Mexico, it would have been headline news; in Chicago, it gets a small back page mention. That's the difference in media coverage. That's why some of us say the American media is responsible for instilling paranoia in Americans about traveling to Mexico.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

"It was one of the best trips ever (we go to a different part of Mexico every spring). So far Cabo is our favorite; we will be back. Upon returning I told family members I feel unsafe being back!"

Soccerref, spot on! We wouldn't live here full time if we didn't feel safe! Paradise on earth - in my opinion. We looked all over the world for our paradise retirement spot. Los Cabos won, hands down. Distant second choice was Hawai'i. Love Hawai'i, just don't want to live there.

26. Re: Wife Freaking out about violence in Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:17