We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Home in Cabo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
112 posts
16 reviews
Rental Home in Cabo

Hi all,

I am planning a guys weekend for mid september and need a reccomendation for a rental house.

We would like something that is close to the beach if not on it and walking distance to nightlife.

it is about ten of us and I have never been to Cabo before so I need some reccomendations.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

vrbo.com has a large selection of private rental homes.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,891 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

Hi Redleg ~ here are a few maps to orient you to Cabo: wikimap of cabo: wikimapia.org/…2 and map of Pedregal homes: www.cabovillas.com/GMAPS/gmaps.asp…

The only swimmable beach is Medano Beach. There are no rental houses nearby, but several of the beach front resorts have 2 or 3 bedroom suites that might suit your group. Zoom in on the wikimap above to see the resorts.

There are two main areas for rental homes in Cabo. Pedregal is on a steep hill between downtown and the Pacific Ocean. If you select a home lower on the hill, you might be able to walk to downtown but you'd probably need a taxi for the return trip, especially in September's heat. The other area is Pueblo Bonito Montecristo, located on the hills above Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach on the Pacific Side, a few miles from Cabo. Not walkable to anywhere, but the homes are beautiful. There are many Montecristo rentals on vrbo.com. I "think" that the Montecristo folks can use all the other Pueblo Bonito facilities, including the pools at the adjacent Sunset Beach, the free shuttle to the Rose, and the Rose & Blanco pools, restaurants, beach chairs on Medano Beach.

Here is another villa (house) rental site: http://www.cabovillas.com/villas.asp

There are single homes in various places, but none are on Medano Beach. The "Corridor" is the stretch between Cabo and San Jose. Come back over here and ask more questions if you find a home that looks good and you want to more about the location.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

Also check out Club Cascadas, they have a couple of places that would accomodate that number of people, it is right on the beach and walking distance to town.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,765 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

Redleg,

Check this out...looks like a perfect party pad. 1 block to the beach~ Short walk to the marina and town~

http://www.vrbo.com/125855

You can see the location on the wiki map provided by PNWFamily~

Have fun!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

As Cheri said you can check out Cascadas at www.clubcascadasdebaja.com and see if any of these are available- the Perla, the Estrella or even ask if Casa Giddings is available. The management company is www.tradingplaces.com

Good luck on your search- let us know what you decided on and how your trip is!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

As mentioned most of the nice homes are on Pedregal hill - very deluxe houses with pools but they are located quite a ways from town (not really walkable)....take a look at the listing Billsgal gave you for Marina Sol. Its not a fancy place but it has a pool and is only 2 blocks from the beach. I sure you guys will want to spend most of your time on the beach (where the action is) by day and in town at the clubs at night (easy walking distance). Marina sol has some larger units that will accommodate quite a few people... If you are thinking of a few hotels rooms, take a look at he ME - nice hotel geared toward the 20-30 something crowd....

Im sure you guys will have a great time!

7. Re: Rental Home in Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:20