We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a place to get away from it all here??

birmingham,al
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Is there a place to get away from it all here??

My husband and I have 3 boys and we travel with them everywhere. I've put my foot down-- we're due a romantic getaway - just the 2 of us. We loved La Paloma in Drake Bay, CR, over Spring Break - the fact that it was secluded, had open air bungalows, was all inclusive, was small, and had plenty of activities like snorkeling and fishing.

We'd love to find something similar a little closer to home (we're in Alabama). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get a break from all the testosterone, I'm going to grow man parts! Thanks, Ashley

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Alabama
Alabama
United States
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is there a place to get away from it all here??

No, in her second post, she said she WAS looking at Cabo or the Caribbean.

We spent a week in Aruba and had a fabulous time. It was only a month or so before Natalie Holloway was there and disappeared. We stayed at the Costa Linda Timeshare Resort (and older place, probably 4 star, maybe 3 1/2 because of age) on the "low rise" beach. We would only recommend staying on the "low rise" beach (vs. the high rise beach). The newer section is just way to built up now. All of Aruba has seen quite a bit of growth in the last couple of years so it is no longer a quiet little (expensive) island. That why I recommended taking a look at Bonaire instead. Bonaire is also supposed to have "world class" diving and snorkeling.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
12. Re: Is there a place to get away from it all here??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 06:18