We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

Ft.Worth, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

Planning a trip to Cabo the second week in July. Plan to eat in a one to two meals a day. I know they have a Costco and Wal-Mart, but I've seen a CCC mentioned on here. Can anyone tell me what that is? (location, type of store, prices) Is it similar to Wal-Mart or is this the ancronym for Costco? Would appreciate any input. We're traveling with 3 teens who plan to spend our money on fishing, snorkeling, zip lines, etc.!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

Reading this thread will help. Plenty of info on the grocery stores including links to maps, driving directions, etc.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k28610…

Where you are staying will also play a part in your best choice for shopping.

Ft.Worth, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

Thanks, this helps! We're staying at the Villa del Palmar. Plan to take a taxi shortly after arriving to shop for supplies. We love Costco and it sounds like the one in Cabo is just like those we have here. My teens will be thrilled!

texas
Level Contributor
192 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

so is CCC the same as Costco - what Cabo CostCo? Sorry to be such a dummy.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,513 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

CCC is an awesome regular grocery store. It has a great bakery and produce department- it is not a bulk store like Costco.

Ft.Worth, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

Jacksgarden - Found CCC on the Wikipedia map. It is a ways from Villa del Palmar. (Northwest of the Marina) Costco or Wal Mart is much closer. CCC stands for a spanish name with 'California' in it.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,083 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

CCC= Centro Comercial Californiano It is a huge grocery store. Here it is centered on the wikimap at the + wikimapia.org/…2 Villa del Palmar is on the right side on the beach. (Zoom in for a better view of the VDP.) Walmart is above and to the left of the VDP.

Here is Costco: wikimapia.org/…2 Villa del Palmar is in the lower left corner of this map.

Phila
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

can someone confirm a Sam's Club?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

I haven't actually been in the Sam's Club but I did see the signage over by the WalMart.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,806 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

CCC has nothing to do with Costco :) It's the name of a Mexican grocery store chain. The stores are normal large grocery stores, I'd compare them to Safeway or Albertson's more than a Costco or Walmart.

In downtown, there's also Aramburo on the main street L. Cardenas. Handy if you happen to be right there, but it's a small store, I wouldn't go there special.

There's also City Club.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Supplies in Cabo?

I would agree that CCC is not the same as a Costco. You can actually by usable quantities of food staples and not a 55 gallon drum of pancake syrup or mayonnaise. But it is also a far cry from a Safeway (at least the one's I've been in). In addition to the very large food section, they also sell many household items including TV's, clothing, etc. I believe one year I even saw them selling motor scooters.