We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

Indiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

My husband and I are leaving for Cabo on the 22nd. This will be our 1st trip there, any advise on what things to do? For example clubs, excursions ect..

We have always in the years past went to Cancun, which we absolutely love the wild night life and know our way around. However we wanted to try something new this year. But I am now getting kind of nervous since we really only know what we have read about Cabo.

I do know that we will be staying at the Riu Santa Fe and was thinking about do the ATV Excursion. That's about all I know..lol So I am totally open to any and all your suggestions for a middle aged (31 & 40)couple!!! We are VERY open minded and love to have just about any kind of fun so PLEASE HELP:)

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

you might go to loscabosguide.com and see what is available for excursions that you'd like. You might enjoy the booze cruise on Pez Gato or Spin Doctor, or one of the many others. Some are a little wilder then others. Maybe Baja Wild, the dune buggy's. You can also get discount vouchers off this sight for some of the exc. you book and restaurants too. If you don't use all the restaurant vouchers you can return them for your money back.

Indio, California
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

Atv's at Miriño area,Horse back ridding in cabo san lucas,Jet ski,kayak,snorkelling tours.

Glass botton boat around the arch, go to the office on the beach, mango deck too. those restaurants they are located at medano beach also baja cantina.

salvatores for italian food. Mi Casa authentic mexican food, etc.etc. what else would you like to know amiga !!!!

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

Swim with the dolphins, lots of wonderful places to dine and of course deep sea fishing! Cabo San Lucas is considered by many to be the striped Marlin capitol of the world!

In case fishing appeals to you, here are some favorites of mine, tried and true top shelf outfits!

www.redrumcabo.com

www.renegademakesportfishing.com

www.cabomagic.com

www.piscessportfishing.com

www.elbudster.com

Enjoy your trip!

F4B

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

That was suposed to be

www.renegademikesportfishing.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,561 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

You hotel is located a little ways outside of downtown Cabo San Lucas, back towards the Corridor, so you'll use taxis to get around.

The 'wild nightlife' happens at Squid Roe, Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, among other smaller bars and local places.

There is very nice high-end shopping at Paraiso Mall in the Marina plus stores & vendors for typical Mexico souveniers along L. Cardenas downtown.

Medano Beach is a fun place to spend the morning or afternoon, if you want a change from your resort. Come in for breakfast at The Office (restaurant). You can get there from RIU by land taxi, water taxi, or a long walk along the beach.

Just grab a street map once you get to Cabo. It's not a large place, people are friendly, and easy to get the hang of (nothing to be nervous about is my point). I was there for the first time (solo) earlier this year and had a great time.

If you want to go out to dinner downtown my favorite restaurants were: Capo San Giovanni, Misiones de Kino, and Maro Shrimp House. -suze

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

You can swim with the Dolphins at the Marina and with a rental car you can Find the Cabo Waterfall www.brainwrite.com/category/travel near the town of Santiago about an hour away. You could also do a day trip to Todos Santos www.todossantosguide.com and visit the Hotel California and stop at Cerritos Beach on the way and Surf www.cerritosbcs.com/ they have a free pick up service if you dont have a car and want to Surf. You can Parachute or Race the Baha Race cars in the Desert. So much to do!...Have fun......Rocky

Cabo Pulmo, Mexico
Level Contributor
684 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

You received a lot of great information. But, I have two more to add:

Bring that book you always wanted to read along with sun tan lotion. Now you can justify lounging by the pools all day :)

Or come visit us in Cabo Pulmo on the snorkle/kayak tour:

www.bajalife.com/ecowatch/pdf/cabopulmo.pdf

Indiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

WOW!! Thank you for all of this wonderful information!! We are getting really excited but kind of nervous at the same time..lol

I hope that we like Cabo as much as we like Cancun:)

I have one other question though, I was reading our itinerary that riu.com sent to us about our transfers to and from the airport. It was saying that we would be picked up 4 hrs before our flight is to leave... Yuck our flight leaves at 1:15. Do any of you know if that is the way that all the companies are? I can understand being at the airport 2 hrs prior to our departure but not 4. Is it very expensive to take a taxi to the airport?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

4 hours seems a bit much. If you take a cab it would cost about $60/80 dollars. The trip to the airport should take about 45 min. Once at the Airport its wise to give yourself 2 hours to clear thru security. You never know what you will run into. You could clear thru quickly, but its better to be safe than sorry.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ~Needing Last Minute Advise!!~

A taxi will run atleast $60-$80. You could set up a return pick up with transcabo which would be between $30-$40 for 2. We also enjoy Cancun (4times) and been to Cabo twice. The biggest thing to keep in mind is the beaches and ocean wont be as nice as Cancun. The bus system also isn't in Cancuns class which makes people pay the taxi fares which while high are not as high as Cancuns. Cabo is smaller and not as spread out as Cancun so once in the Marina area most things are walkable and easier to explore. You can get a feel for Cabo easily. A sunset cruise is a must. If you want to sight see visit San Jose and possibly Todos Santos. Pvt tours through translobo are pricy but worth it. On the way back from Todos Santos visit Cerritos beach club for the best stretch of beach in the area. It has a calm shallow surf. Do an afternoon beach club hop on Medano beach. Cancun doesn't have a beach club set up like Cancun. Have a great time.