We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers trip to cabo

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
first timers trip to cabo

My wife and I just returned from Cabo!! Let’s get this out of the way right now, there are still no reported cases of the swine flu in Cabo!! We had a wonderful trip and if you ever have wanted to go now is the time!! No crowds, lots of discounts, and everybody will be very glad to see you!! It was sad to see this beautiful vacation spot suffering from all of the over blown media coverage about the flu!! We stayed at the Villa La Estancia and were very impressed with this property!! We were very well taken care of and the area felt very safe and was well maintained. I found the condo at the VRBO.COM web site and got an outstanding deal on a 3 bedroom beach front unit. Please call Humberto Urquidez at 619-421-7640 if you need information, he was very helpful!!

Went to the Cabo Wabo cantina on Saturday night and they had a very good crowd. The house band was rocking and the waboritas were going down smooth!! We ate dinner up stairs and it was just ok, there are lots of other places that would be a better choice, like Mi Casa!! We ate dinner there on Sunday night and the food was great!! I highly recommend the combo appetizer before your dinner, large portions and fair prices!

We took the sunset cruise on the Caborey and it was a fun time but no people!! Also there was some very windy and cool nights while we were there, better check the weather before you go….Our last day we went snorkeling on the Ecocat!! Once again great deal and great service, very few people….I was surprised how cold the water was and the snorkeling was ok but the water was not that clear compared to places in the Caribbean I have been to…still we had a lot of fun!!!! Also we had no problems at the airport arriving or departing, we used Transpacifico for our ride back and fourth….very prompt service…YOU REALLY SHOULD MAKE YOUR TRASPORTATION PLANS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE!!

This was my 1st trip to Cabo and like Sammy Hagar say’s “YOU GO THERE ONCE, YOU’LL BE THERE TWICE”…can’t wait to go back!!!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: first timers trip to cabo

So glad that you loved Cabo and thank you very much for your report.

Can you please clarify which transportation company you used. I have never heard of Transpacifico??? Are you sure it wasn't Transcabo or TransLobo?

We loved the EcoCat too!

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: first timers trip to cabo

here is there e-mail and web site, the gentleman i rented the condo from gave me their info......

www.heavenincabo.com/transportation.htm

Transpacificoreservations@yahoo.com

I dealt with Esteban Green

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: first timers trip to cabo

Thanks for the link. I'm glad you had good service with them, they are a bit higher than the others but it is nice to have options.

Now you need to start planning your next trip!

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
4. Re: first timers trip to cabo

Yep, the place is certainly addicting! Come back soon.

KshTraveler
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: first timers trip to cabo

What a great review. I'm so excited! to go next month, it will be my first trip too.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: first timers trip to cabo

I know you will have a great trip!! CaboWabo was alot of fun....Try to go on friday or saturday night if you can...i am sure there will be good crowds and it makes for a fun time....gotta try the waborita...yummie!!!

One last tip...I went to the bank and got 2 dollar bills for tipping!!!! They loved them and said they were good luck!!

7. Re: first timers trip to cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 05:30