We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Group Question

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Group Question

If a timeshare unit is listed on Redweek can Holiday Group help me(the buyer) with the sale?

Thank you

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Group Question

No. Holiday is a wholesale seller that mostly sells re-pos and other timeshare units that they purchase and then list for sale.

Redweek is a "by owner" site where the owner still owns the unit and is just using the site to advertise. Redweek does have an escrow company that you can use to close the sale that makes it just as secure as a company like Holiday.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Group Question

Thanks Househunter

Who do I go to for help with a purchase, someone that knows all the ins and outs of a timeshare purchase.

I know "NOTHING about timeshares

I will be in Cabo June 7-14 and would like to look at one that is listed on Redweek at the PB Rose.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Group Question

Check out www.tug2.net (timeshare users group). There is a ton of information on there.

Although not an expert, I have purchased 3 resale timeshares including 1 at the Rose. Are you looking at a fixed or floating week? You can pm me and I can try to answer any specific questions that I can.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Group Question

If you're concerned that there might be a problem with the purchase, RedWeek.com has an escrow service. It guarantees clear title. It'll cost you an extra $75-150 but it is worth it for the peace of mind.

I've never purchased anything from redweek.com, but I have both rented my units and also rented from others and I've never had a problem.

I've also purchased units from holidaygroup.com and would definitely do so again.

Good luck with your timeshare purchase. I hope it works out great for you.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Group Question

Escrow service is not available from Redweek.com for any property outside of the United States. So, do not plan to use them for Mexico timeshares!

David

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Group Question

I didn't know it wasn't available for purchasing non-US properties. That's good info... thanks.

7. Re: Holiday Group Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:25