We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

We'll be staying at Casa Dorada Medano beach. What is the nearest place to stock up on cokes (as we call everything from pepsi to 7up here in Texas...aka "pop" according to my Iowa husband), and munchies for the room? Preferably walking distance or short cab ride as we're not looking to do a major grocery haul.

Also is bud light available in Cabo? Is there a liquor near the Casa Dorada?

TIA

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
1. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

Aramburo is the downtown grocery store. They´ll have everything you need, including bud light, snacks and all flavors of "coke" :) It´s walking distance from Casa Dorada and anyone you ask can point you to it

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

City Club (similar to Costco, but smaller quantities..$2.00 day pass) is nearby as well. But of course if you're loading up on budlight, no matter where you go you'll need to taxi back.

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

When we stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose we took the bus (With the locals) to the Wal Mart and taxied back. There is also a small store at the mall with booze (Pretty good wine and Tequila Selection) and sodas and I believe there is a mini mart very close to the Casa Dorado.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

I have seen Bud Light in a few stores. Never tried to order it at a bar as it is the "Imported" priced brand. LOL. I drink Bud Light in the USA and find Dos Equis, Modelo and Sol work for me in Mexico. Make sure you at least try some of the Mexican beer.

Have a great time!

David

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

I have heard that Modelo is Mexican Budweiser so maybe Modelo Light would be really close.

Our favorite Mexican Beer is SOL .

Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

i thought my husband would have been excited when i told him that there was bud light in cabo, but instead he said 'oh no,if i'm in mexico i've got to drink mexican beer!'

7. Re: Planning questions...snacks, soda etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:25