We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

Los Angeles
10 posts
Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

After the whole swine flu scare, i felt like its going to be dead and all the clubs would be empty.. does anyone know how it is this week/weekend or if its picking up. Im flying there next week and just want to know what to expect

Snohomish...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

There are a few people on this forum that are there right now. I've read that it's been quiet, but more people are trickling in as of late. That was in the last day or two. The CDC just eased up on their travel advisory just today, by the way.

I've noticed there are several posters that are either on their way right now or leaving in the next day or two. I'm one of them! I'm flying out tomorrow.

It may be quiet, but it takes people going there to make it happen! I'm looking forward to a relaxing time - and a few "wild hair" evenings as well. It'll pickup this week when my friend and I are there - LOL!

Los Angeles
10 posts
2. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

haha yeah your right. i mean unless the bars/clubs are alive, you really cant enjoy yourself. i hope it picks up this week. El squid roe seems like the place to be and i sure as hell dont want it to be empty . Im glad the trip advisory is removed

Snohomish...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

Understood, I get what you mean. Squid Roe is crazy - great place to people-watch, love the jello shots, and well...when my friend and I were down there a few years ago, she started dancing on the table! LOL if ya notice, those table legs are quite sturdy (I don't think I've loaded any of those pics up on this site yet though). It was pretty funny. I look forward to a good time, and great weather. I'll probably load some pics after I get back this time.

Hope you have fun when you're down there! We definitely will.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
4. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

Every week looks a little better. It´s still slow, I won´t lie to you, but people are finding where the party is and that draws more people. Everything is open downtown and there´s lots of fun going on in Cabo. You just have to look a little bit harder for it right now. I have a feeling if you find where people like warmweatherfiend are, you´ll have found the party :)

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

There's a cruise ship in port (and maybe two) today. Things are looking up

Snohomish...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

OHHHhhh, TacCabo, you got THAT right! I posted a story under "cabo stories" which was an old thread that I think dmwalker bumped last week. You must read that one! Yup, going with the SAME friend....LOL! Back for more!!!

I can't wait to get there!!! We'll be at Rips after we unpack tomorrow, probably getting there at Rips between 5-6, if the plane gets in on time.

See ya!

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
7. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

Atilla, turns out it was just one private cruise ship with a couple hundred aboard, not many of them came ashore. It did give us all something to get excited about though. Warmweather, is your pelican friend coming with you this trip? I´ll try to run by rips tomorrow night and say hi.

Snohomish...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

LOL!!! TacCabo, yes, she's the one!

That would be nice, I look forward to meeting fellow TA'ers! I haven't met anyone yet. I was a bit of a lurker, till I decided to get on here to see what's up since I was heading down there.

That would be really cool!! Thanks!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

The cruiseship that is there today is "The World" which is an apartment cruiseship that some people live on full-time! There are both ownership and rentals available with the nightly rate starting at $2700!!!!!! The largest unit is a 6 bedroom, 6.5 bath that is over 4000sf. Crazy!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Can ayone tell me if Cabo is doing better

Here is a link

http://www.residensea.com/