We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charter

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Fishing Charter

Looking for a good fishing charter for about 6 guys for next April. Can anyone recommend anyone?? And what would we be looking at for the cost? Also what would be in season?

Thanks

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Fishing Charter

Here's a post by DM Walker that you should find helpful in selecting a charter

For those of you who are interested in the cost of fishing in Cabo, I've pulled info from the websites of the fishing charters most often mentioned on this forum.

For this example, I am comparing charters for 1-4 people on a minimum 28' boat. Note that Cabo Magic's charter price is for only 0-2 people - all other charter prices are for 1-4 people.

RedRum

www.redrumcabo.com

28’ boat, 1-4 anglers, all-inclusive

$550 (+ $13/pp for licenses)

TOTAL FOR FOUR PERSONS: $602.00

Includes: Professional, experienced, English-speaking crew; World-class tackle; Fresh, live bait; Personal instruction; ice-filled cooler with bottled water; Lunch including muffin, juice, fresh fruit, sandwich, chips and cookies, all applicable taxes and dock fees.

Pisces

www.piscessportfishing.com

28’ boat, 1-4 anglers, all-inclusive

$560.00

TOTAL FOR FOUR PERSONS: $560.00

Includes: 10% sales tax, crew, complete tackle, 24 drinks aboard - choice of beer, soft drinks and bottle water - box lunches, fishing licenses, live bait, filleting & freezing of your catch, coffee and sweet-rolls before departure.

El Budster

www.elbudster.com

29' boat, 1-4 anglers, prices are a la carte

$450 charter (plus $25 fuel surcharge + $20 bait + $13/pp fishing licenses + you bring your own lunch)

TOTAL FOR FOUR PERSONS: $547.00+ BYO lunch

Includes: The $450 charter fee includes - boat, crew, fuel, tackle, dispatch fee, 10% Mexican tax, bottled water and ice. There is an all-inclusive option available, but the cost isn't listed on the website.

Cabo Magic

www.cabomagic.com

28’ boat, 1-2 anglers*, all-inclusive

$550 (*$650 for 4 anglers)

TOTAL FOR FOUR PERSONS: $650.00

Includes: All inclusive charter for up to two guests. Includes 2-man crew, fuel, all tackle and gear, IVA Mexican tax. Includes angler licenses, ten live bait as available. Breakfast/Lunch/Beverages for all guests. *USD $50 per guest additional to a maximum of four.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Fishing Charter

Thanks for the awesome info..

Have you fished in Cabo?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Fishing Charter

Yes he has... ask to see the photo of him lying under the Wahoo that knocked him down, LOL!

There are quite a few of us on this forum that fish whenever we are in Cabo. We held a little fishing tournament last October, and we're doing it again this year, with about double the people showing up this time.

BTW - If you go to the various fishing websites, check to see if they have fishing calendars. The calendars will show which species of fish run during which months.

Cabo is an awesome place to fish - you'll love it.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Fishing Charter

Check-out Silverados Sportsfishing. They have several 33' boat that can handle 6 fisherman at a reasonable price. $515 + baits, AI, Tips. You may want to look at splitting the group to up the odds on a good hook-up. With 6 on one boat a few could get no fish.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
5. Re: Fishing Charter

rip,

if you do a search you will see i am an advocate of RedRum. good boats and good crews and good work at a reasonable price and if you want to know about what dm walker did durin the first annual tripadvisor tournament(aka the Yachtmerchant invitational) just let me know ill PM you with the details:) and BTW Jorge "the Hammer" Geoman and i were on the same vessle during the innaugral event and the fight with the Wahoo was epic........well kinda....Buena Suerte........ jim

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Fishing Charter

ummmm...don't you mean "the Hammered" Geoman Jim??

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
7. Re: Fishing Charter

MNman,

dont be bustin on my team mate geoman. no one i know can fight a dead whaoo like my buddy jorge! so look out. Buena Suerte....... jim

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Fishing Charter

no disrespect intended:) If I am ever accosted by a dead wahoo, Jorge is the first one I'm calling!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Fishing Charter

Per the Silverado website: Here's their info for a 28' charter to add to the "comparison" list shown above:

Silverados Sportsfishing

www.silveradosportfishing.com

28’ boat, 1-4 anglers

$425.00 + $30/pp for the all-inclusive option

TOTAL FOR FOUR PERSONS: $545.00

Includes: All inclusive charter for up to four guests. Includes fishing license, bait, lunch & 5 drinks per person, crew, fuel, all tackle and gear, and IVA Mexican tax.

Note that a 28' boat won't fit 6 people... I'm just adding this info so that it can be fairly compared to the other 28' boats listed already.

10. Re: Fishing Charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 10:18