We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking travel

South Amboy, NJ
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Booking travel

I am trying to book a few days at Dreams at the end of October. Some sites have no availability and some do. Can anyone explain this? Can I trust if I book I wont get bumped to another resort?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,965 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Booking travel

Tour operators contract for a certain number of rooms at each resort, and when they are sold, they often aren't able to obtain more, while other operators still have some left.

South Amboy, NJ
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Booking travel

Thanks Kat , I was a little nervous booking it since Im going to go to help a family member go fishing and need to stay where they are.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
669 reviews
3. Re: Booking travel

This has been our experience as well.

When we were recently booking a trip to Paris, and found a room available at a certain hotel on a Swedish travel agency's site. To avoid foreign transaction charges, we tried booking through Expedia, Travelocity, etc. for a certain hotel, but the hotel showed as sold out. We tried calling the hotel directly, and they said they were sold out. So, we booked the room through the Swedish travel agency. We had no trouble - just showed the voucher at the hotel and all was well.

There are definitely times when going through a major travel agency can be beneficial.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,965 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Booking travel

or even a small, independent agency ;-)))

Milwaukee,WI.
Level Contributor
414 posts
1 review
5. Re: Booking travel

Try Best Day travel for Mexico!

6. Re: Booking travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2008, 00:12
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,965 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Booking travel

I've not heard of Best Day, but I find that Mexico Unlimited has worked extremely well for clients. Another excellent company to work with is Classic, as well as Earth, Sea & Sky and Pleasant Mexico. That should give you some additional options to search, and I've worked with all of them.

8. Re: Booking travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 14:20