We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Runners?

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
29 reviews
Any Runners?

Any recommendations for good running routes around CSL? I will be staying near the marina and like to get in a ~15-20km run in the early morning before sunrise.

8 replies to this topic
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
216 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Any Runners?

Running in downtown Cabo long distance is not the easiest. I was able to get 10k in by running the roads periduicaulr to the ocean to the main road and around the marina. Be carefully of the curbs/sidewalk....

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Any Runners?

Thanks Dennis. I may try running inland towards the airport (CSL, not SJD). Doesn't look the most scenic, but it may be more preferable to doing short loops in a smaller area.

Thanks again!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
99 reviews
3. Re: Any Runners?

Early morning you could run the marina all the way around then turn onto the sidewalks on Marina Blvd. Wouldn't be 20 miles by any means, but you could run it 4-5 times. My daughter doesn't run as far as you, but that is the route she took. Very little foot traffic in the early morning and you get to see the marina coming to life.

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,236 posts
176 reviews
4. Re: Any Runners?

Before Sunrise not a lot of traffic.

You could do that route Leona Vicaro in Cabo to the Cabo Jet port.

That is approx 4 miles each way.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Any Runners?

The Marina is good, but remember to WATCH for potholes in sidewalks etc. You do not want to injure yourself while in Cabo.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
216 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Any Runners?

That’s dangerous- there are side walks missing. Think about doing loops from the marina to the fubol fields. If you map it out right - 2 loops will get you 20k.

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Any Runners?

Thanks Krim - I'm Canadian, so luckily it's only 20 kilometers instead of 20 miles :) Maybe I'd be in better shape if I was doing 20 miles!

Rocky - Thanks! I was checking out that option...looks like 16km round trip from Marina to CSL airport and back. I will check that one out.

Fsmdude/Dennis - Yes I will watch out for road/sidewalk conditions, but have to say that on Google maps it looks a lot better than the roads/sidewalks I am used to running in the dark in Puerto Vallarta!

Temple City...
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Any Runners?

I walk the marina every morning. I see lots of joggers also. I think it’s about 1.5 miles from the end closest to Playa Grande to the light tower past Breathless. Two round trips is a good workout.

Reply to: Any Runners?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted