We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

We have an offer for our studio at the Villa Del Palmar. It is an annual timeshare, cost us around $10,000 and paid off. We have been told that transfer fees or closing cost will be around 14-16% of what we have been offered ($18,250) + the cost to the rep. IS THIS A SCAM?

15 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,924 posts
1. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Who offered you this?? Email, phone, in person??

Without knowing above...I would think SCAM...but give us more info please!!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

If it sounds too good to be true........

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,855 posts
176 reviews
3. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Why would anyone pay you $18,000 Plus for what they could probably get Free from another owner just looking to get rid of the Maint fees.

Yes......... you are being Scammed !

Edited: 18 October 2017, 03:01
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Actually,this is the 3rd offer of this type. THe first offer was from Grupo Sanjose in Mexico ($19,200). Said they put the money in an account in my name but Mexico law requires more than $4,000 in taxes before the transfer could be made to my bank in USA. Of course, I called everything off. I refuse to send monies of this type to anyone. Sounded like a scam. Contact came via SLH Real Estate in USA. The 2nd offer came from Colorado Real Estate Dynamics in the USA for more than $18,000. 3rd offer came from another stateside real estate company. All three pretty much saying the same thing. My apprehension is offering us more than what we paid for this timeshare. We know timeshares are extremely difficult to sale and get ANY money, much less MORE than what we paid. HELP!!1

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,855 posts
176 reviews
5. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

You are going to be HELPED into paying hundreds or thousands to these crooks.

They are probably ALL the same people.

This ploy has been worked on many hard working people...Dont be another sucker.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

It's a scam, after you pay them the "transfer fee" you will never see or hear from them again.

7. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 22:13

Saccramento, CA
Level Contributor
162 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Please check out the website Timeshares Users Group (TUG). Lots of info. there on "scam" upfront fee companies. We own UVC (Villa Group) and if I remember correctly the transfer fee is $250.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
9. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

Hi Mr. Arribas! - I will be glad to forward any offer and information we receive from Gruposanjose.com.mx as we have been contacted numerous times by phone and email. We have not responded by phone, so they are going to send us an offer by email. If they send an email offer, we will be glad to forward all information on to you and we hope you are able to catch them and prosecute them. SLH is definitely part of this, as they were the initial contact. SLH gets the initial information and as much other information as they can gather, and then a fraudulent Grupo SanJose representative steps in with calls, offer and email contact.

Thanks everyone who posted something on this - these scammers should be caught and prosecuted so no one else gets scammed !

10. Re: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 22:14

Reply to: Transfer fees for a studio with the Villa Del Palmar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted