We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the scuba diving?

Roseville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
How is the scuba diving?

Hi all, coming down in a week and I want to do some scuba diving. Anyone know if the conditions are good? Last I read the vis was only up to 20 feet but that was a couple of weeks ago. Guessing there's been more settling since Lydia.

4 replies to this topic
San Rafael...
Level Contributor
542 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the scuba diving?

Just back from Cabo Pulmo where conditions were excellent. Not sure about Cabo San Lucas but I believe October is generally a good time for diving. Might also be worth checking with some of the Cabo dive shops and also check their Facebook pages to see if there's any recent underwater photos posted.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the scuba diving?

Thanks Eric!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
636 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the scuba diving?

We dive frequently at Lands End and the visibility can be unpredictable there- one day 20 next day 100 because of the currents there so if you can, plan on diving a few days. My favorite dive to do is early morning around 7:30 at Lands End with the sea lions. The younger ones are usually playful with divers and the huge ones are awesome to see swimming or chasing down food. We use Cabo Deep Blue. Water temp right now is 83-84 so nice to dive in!

Edited: 18 October 2017, 15:26
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
942 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the scuba diving?

You should buy a Los Cabos Passport card to get 2x1 at places like Tio's sports. Use it once and it pays for itself. Lots of other reasons to get one but if you dive more than once, you'll be throwing money away if you don't have the card.

Plus bring as much of your gear as possible. Nickel and dimming you on every little piece of gear rental is how they make money.

Reply to: How is the scuba diving?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted