We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for Halloween

1 post
Save Topic
Things to do for Halloween

Hi, I will be staying at Villa del Palmar Cabo San Lucas 27 October- 1 November. Looking for things to do for Halloween TIA.

Mentioned in this post
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa del Palmar Beach...
5,722 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
8 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Everyone in Cabo dresses up for Halloween! Locals (kids and parents) bartenders, waitstaff, hotel employees, tourists..everyone old and young. So much fun to go downtown, hang out at a great watering hole and pass out candy to the kids (bring bags from home). Or just people watch and enjoy a cocktail! Bring a costume and have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Mexicans place little emphasis on Halloween outside of areas touristed by Americans and much more on Dia de los Muertos, which runs all week, but culminates on 01-02 November. However, there's not much going on in the way of celebrations in Baja and northern Mexico. The further south you go (Patzcuaro, Oaxaca and the surrounding environs), the more "carneval"-like it gets

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Patzcuaro
Patzcuaro
Michoacan, Mexico
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Smrbrz.. I had asked recently if anyone knows of anyone that does the face painting. I inquired on a lead but no answer as of yet. And wondering if you know of anyone who does that? Would like professional job... I have seen some really cool ones but there's no way I am artistic enough to pull that off myself

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do for Halloween

I had my face painted in the courtyard of the Monkey Business bar. A woman has a small table and brings her supplies. I don't know her name, maybe someone else would know.

Mentioned in this post
Monkey's Cave Bar
Monkey's Cave Bar
586 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Colleen, I know a few people that have had their make up done professionally by Inky Cortez, an amazing artist in Cabo. Scott and Amanda from Cabo Blue always get theirs done by her and always look amazing ! Contact Amanda for information!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Cabo Blue
Cabo Blue
866 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Thank you Statelinekt.

I will definitely look into that. Sounds like the same one that was referred by the next poster. Appreciate the advice

Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do for Halloween

Thanks Sumrbrz. I will most certainly look into that. I appreciate your advice

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do for Halloween

My plan for Halloween is to pass out candy to the local kids down at Marina. After that jazz at Cascada. Passing out candy is a blast! The kids are in great costumes with their parents and all are very grateful!

Reply to: Things to do for Halloween
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted