We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

toronto
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

- looking for some input - have travelled a fair bit with and w/o kids - I am considering adding on a week to a nephews wedding holiday planned for May at he Gran Bahia Principe Tulum- have never done 2 weeks anywhere only one week - our kids are 11, 5 and 1 any thoughts...DDF if possible please reply!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
1. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

I would definitely add on another week because we feel 2 weeks isn't enough!

I would request Villas 12 14 15 16 or 17, excellent location. Kids club I have heard is amazing, the kids love the staff and we see them all over the resort doing things with them.

We too are going for 2 weeks in April and we can't wait to go back. We too have travelled extensively thoughout the Caribbean and absolutely hands down, the Bahia is our favourite. We generally never go back to the same resort twice because it is always fun to try new things, but with the Bahia we just can't help ourselves.

Any questions, ask away, always love to talk about the Bahia.

Coquitlam, B.C.
Level Contributor
48 posts
2. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

I would add another week as that gives you time to go to all 3 hotels, Akumal and Coba. We just got back from our 4th visit to Bahia Tulum and it is still our favourite all-inclusive and we have been to many over the last 2 decades. We did 2 weeks in 2004 and were travelling with 3 families, the kids ages were 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 and they all had a great time in the kids club, the staff were amazing. Your only problem will be that the kids club will only take kids aged 4 - 12 so I'm not sure if they are flexible with this age. This is what is in the sunquest brochure so you might have your 1 year old with you. You can always email the hotel and ask. I have the contact info for the guest relations manager at Bahia Tulum. Her name is Nicki Van Den Auwelant and her email is:

guestservice2@tulum.bahia-principe.com. This is who you would email if you have room requests or want to request a certain building. Our favourite buildings are 12, 14, 11,10,21,21. We don't like the buildings at the back as you hear the shuttle taking people back and forth to their rooms and to the other hotel this runs from 7:00am to 3:00am. So just in case you don't have a map of the hotel I would avoid buildings 1 - 4 as you hear the lobby bar and theatre, avoid 7,8,9,16,17,18,19,26,27,28. So if you do 2 weeks you also have time to do some excursions which are close to the hotel like Xel-ha or the ruins at Tulum. You can also take your time and go into Playa del Carmen and not feel rushed in a week. The nightly shows are also very good your kids will love these. They are at different times 9:00pm at Akumal, 9:30 at Coba and 10:00pm at Tulum so with 2 weeks you can see them all without having to go every night. We found that because they have a different theme night at the buffet every night we didn't get bored with the food. Monday was Italian, Tue was French, Wed was Spanish, Thur was Mexican, Fri was Carribean, Sat was Gala, and Sun was American. We found with the kids (picky eaters) the buffet was the easiest option and everyone was happy with what they were eating. The food quality at Bahia is the best we have seen at any all-inclusive, the 24-hour snack bar is also very good. The resort is huge but they shuttle you back and forth very quickly and there is a small shopping hacienda that is only a short walk or shuttle away. They have added a lot of extra palapas to the beach so we found that we never had to search for a chair. The beach at Tulum has a lot of loose coral right now but a short walk down the beach in front of Akumal is fine for swimming. They also have slushie machines in different flavours that the kids will love, they are all non-alcoholic and they add rum or tequila or whatever the adults ask for. They have a self serve ice cream machine at the snack bar and the buffet. This is definitely a kid friendly resort with lots of families. I would bring floatie toys for the kids though as they are expensive to buy at the gift store. Have a great trip whatever you decide. Hope this helps!

SW - Vancouver

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
3. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Hey SWVancouver what happened to Ivan, that's who I have been corresponding with...

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
4. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Tab, many questions have been answered, but if you need more let me know, can't imagine you not having an awesome time at the Bahia!!!

toronto
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

Wow thanks so much, we have decided to book for the two weeks. Just deciding on going before or after the wedding group now. Thanks again for your helpful info. We have previously done the obvious trips in the area and will be going back to some of them but if there are any suggestions as to other possibilities, we will have a lot of baby sitters for at least one week.

6. Re: anxious - Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 03:17