We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family with teens in tulum?

Caesarea, Israel
Level Contributor
156 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
family with teens in tulum?

good choice for resort with something to do? we don't need a lunapark but....

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family with teens in tulum?

Tulum is more small cabana hotel and less resort-y. You might want to look in some of the areas north of Tulum for a resort.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
224 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family with teens in tulum?

I just returned from first trip to Tulum with husband and 14 year old son. We stayed at La Bella e Vita in an ocean front bungalow. Hotels hear don't offer lots of activities, but there are lots of teen friendly things to do, and it is very safe so you can give a sensible teenager some space. We did a bike and Kayak tour of Sian Kaan with Antonio of Yucatan Outdoors--he was great with our son. We also took a boat ride to see the ruins and snorkel the reef off Tulum for 250pesos a person which my son loved (I thought the reef was was pretty barren as reefs go, but Jack had a blast and the guide and boat capt were great even if they spoke little English); we also drove to Coba, rented bikes and biked the ruins and climbed the pyramid. skip the guides adn the kids will enjoy. Finally, from our hotel, if you walked one way there were beach clubs with people playing soccer, etc, and going in the other direction you could trail blaze along the rocky coastline which was another highly kid approved and free activity. Finally, in town, while my husband and lingered over dinner we could send Jack on his own to buy a gelato. Tulum Pueblo is a very nice little town, with no agressive hawkers or toughs hanging on the street corners. Finally, whatever language your kids have been studying in school- french, italian, spanish, german, dutch. . .. they will have a chance to practice it.

3. Re: family with teens in tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Tulum
Recent Conversations