We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

We are leaving Detroit for Cancun on March 10. We have an Apple vacations package for the Bahia Principe Coba. Transfers from the airport to the resort is included. But, it looks like the resort is over an hour away if the shuttle goes directly to the resort and does not stop at other resorts along the way dropping off other folks. As much as I would like to see the other resorts, I would much rather get started on my vacation. So my question is: Has anyone else not used the transfer provided by Apple and got a private transfer and if so, who did you use? A taxi or who?? I realize if I do not use the Apple transfer, I will notify Apple so the bus is not waiting for us and holding everyone else up. Thanks for all your help!!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

We travelled with Apple going to Copacabana and used their private transfer - which was a car for the two of us; I think it cost an extra $50 each round trip. We arrived at the resort over an hour earlier than the people on the regular bus - no waiting in line to check-in; on the beach with drink in hand much quicker)).

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

Oh!....I also forgot to add that for the trip home, we were picked up 45 mins. after the regular bus and arrived at the airport before it; so avoided some of the crowds at the airport check-in.

michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

Thanks, Bridgenut!

After posting, I found the private Apple transfer info. $50 each round-trip sounds like a great deal. Hopefully, it is not too late to add it to our package.

JEfferson, IA
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

We also paid the additional $$ for the private transfer through Apple. I felt it was definitely money well spent.

Toronto, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody else not use their transfers included with your...

A very wise tip:

If you decide to find your own transportation to the Bahia Principe Coba rather than using the shuttle that is included with your package, ensure that you make time to advise your travel representative who is representing your travel agency at the Cancun airport. They will have your name on their list, they will await your arrival, and you not showing up will delay the departure for all other vacationers.