We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Xcaret - what we need to know...

New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Occidental Xcaret - what we need to know...

Hi All - My bf and I are traveling to the Occidental for a long weekend/his birthday in the middle of May. We are very experienced travelers with a real laid back vacationing style. Package price was right so here we are... now, for those of you that have been here before - what tips can you share to help enhance our experience anyway possible. Must eat at restaurants - we only have 3 dinners to enjoy. Best spot for lunch? Room request? Best place to be during the day to relax? Any and all comments/help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Occidental Xcaret - what we need to know...

Are you in the regular part or Royal Club.

If in regular part try to make your A la Carte bookings as you check in, and with only a few days you may have an issue getting them. You may need to be flexable with your times. On their website I believe it talks about the different restaurants, be familiar with them so you know what to book. The only one I have heard a ton of "not so good comments" about is Los Olivios (that is the Italian one). Senora Grill is good but remember it is Mexican Beef, not US or Canadian types. I like a very lean cut, so their Filet was great for me.

Best place for breakfast is the Beach Club. This may be the best for lunch, but for me this is not my big meal so I just go to somewhere close to where I happen to be, there is the beach club, the main buffet and a snack bar (near the activity pool)

The best place to spend you days depends on what you want to do. Rmember it is not a big long beach, it is a man-made lagoon so the beach is not as big, but they do have their beach area on terraces to expand the number of people who can use it.

Many people do not know where the lobby bar is, just go to the far end of the lobby (away from where you arrived) and down the stairs. Due to its location it is often not too busy.

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the resort, it does not seem as big once you know your way around. We started to find the walk to the Beach from our room was very quick, unlike our first time at the resort (and the rooms were in the same place)

There is a shuttle that goes around, but sometimes it seemed like it was taking too long, but the walk was better due to how much we were eating.

Room requests will depend on your needs, want to be in a quiet place, or near all the action.

If you have any other quesitons you can message me. We have been to this resort 4 times.

4 posts
2. Re: Occidental Xcaret - what we need to know...

My (soon to be wife) and I are Honeymooning here from June 9 - 19. I have been trying to e-mail the resort to get some information about upgrading to Royal Club (from Honeymoon Deluxe) and information about wifi rates (is the $82/week in USD or pesos?)

If you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

3. Re: Occidental Xcaret - what we need to know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:15