We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Secrets Capri

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Live from Secrets Capri

It's great! We're off to the gym now but I will answer questions this afternoon if anyone wants specifics....

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

Renee59 when you have a second please check your PM

BigTX
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

We went to Capri last year. Are the restaurants still like a sauna? The heat was intolerable. I even emailed to complain. Overall we had a great time, but man-oh-man were the common areas hot.

As far as the beach goes, I thought it was just fine. Sure there was a little seaweed and yes, there were a few rocks but not enough to bother us. It's a BEACH!! We even saw some very cool fish out towards the end of the roped off area - at least as far as I dared to venture out!

We've been to Secrets Maroma (heading back there this summer).

Hope you are having a fabulous vacation!!! Jealous!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

The restaurants do not seem too hot at all, but it probably depends on what time of year you visit. It's been cooler than normal (bleh) so that might have something to do with it -- only 81 for the high today and still very windy and cloudy. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow but chance of showers.

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

How is the current weather? I've noticed the past few days on the weather sites have said rainy/cloudy, but am wondering how cloudy it is and when it has been raining.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

Unfortunately this is one of those times where the predicted weather is right - "cloudy" means pretty much clouds all day. It briefly rained today but it has been *very* windy since we arrived on Thurs. It was really hot on Fri. and Sat., but still very windy. Then Sun., Mon., and today it has been cloudy and windy with a high probably in the upper 70s. Hopefully tomorrow and Thurs. will be better as we leave on Fri. and hope to go home with tans!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

Hi Mama - just wanted to know how the weather is; I wanted to compare it to what they are saying on the weather reports. We are headed tp GRP next month so I'm starting to watch the weather reports. Thanks! Enjoy your vacation!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

Well today the weather report called for 30% chance of rain throughout the morning ("scattered showers") with a high of 84. I think the high was probably right, and it rained for about 10 minutes this morning and that was it. Finally, a good weather day! Still very windy though.

Also I'm finally understanding the comments about the beach - it really does fluctuate! I thought it was fine when we got here, but due to all the wind and the very rough waters, the sand has eroded in the past few days and they lost another palm tree.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

Wow! That is a lot of change in a day! I'm hoping that even if the weather is predicting rain, its brief like that. We vacation every summer in Emerald Isle NC, and the weather says chance of thunderstorms every day, but it rarely does - usually blows right over the island; I'm hoping, Mexico is like that. I'm a little concerned about the beach at our hotel anyway - it's gotten mixed reviews. I'm sure it will be fine - I'm on vacation...in Mexico:D Thanks for your response!

WI
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

cleansocksnow - we were at Capri last week and Himitsu was unbearably hot, the buffet room was often warm, but tolerable. The other restaurants were comfortably cool.

20. Re: Live from Secrets Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:16