We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of Questions

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lots of Questions

Hi Everyone-

A group of us will be staying at the Royal Sands for a week in Cancun and then moving to Playa del Carmen for three nights. We have been to Cancun plenty of times but only once To PDC. Last time we stayed at one of the RIU'S but this time are thinkin about staying at the Royal Hacienda (I toured it last time we were there). I am concerned that it seemed kinda far away from everything? I loved walking down the streets in I think it was called Playa Car last time. Is there any place closs to the main outdoor mall (5th avenue I think) that would be a great place to stay not all inclusive that anyone would recommend? Also what about restaurants to do to in that area. Not cheap but maybe not Ruth Chris or Puerto Madero as I think we will have done those dinners in Cancun. Also preferably a place where you can hear each other talk. Thank you so much for any advice that you can give. Sincerely, Gina

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lots of Questions

There's tons of little hotels right on the beach that are 2mins off 5th ave. playa maya is nice and includes breakfast Just click on hotels on left side of this forum and check out the reviews

Belton, Texas
Level Contributor
450 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lots of Questions

Royal playa del Carmen is right there- walk out the door and you're there! Part of why we love it! Adults only! Beautiful!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,897 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lots of Questions

Royal Playa del Carmen is all-inclusive; I believe the OP is looking for NON AI.

Here's a link to the Playa del Carmen Hotels page of this website - tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g150812-Playa_del_Carm…

Another option if you don't want AI might be to consider a condo. You'll get much more square footage than a regular hotel room, multiple bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen (which you don't have to use if you don't want to!).

Belton, Texas
Level Contributor
450 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lots of Questions

My bad..

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,590 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lots of Questions

Look at the hotel Aventura Mexicana. North end but quieter than the south end. You can still easily walk down to that mall if you want from there.

A nice hotel that IS close to Playacar is Al Cielo. The restaurant Carboncitos is right there, very good!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lots of Questions

www.condohotelsplayadelcarmen.com has 5 different condo hotel developments in Playa. All of them are 1 or 2 blocks to 5th Avenue. The price will depend on whether you are on the beach or not and whether a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom. You don't mention exactly how many in your group. All twin beds can be converted to king size or all king size can be converted to twin beds. They have free passes to Indigo beach club and have heated swimming pools.

There are at least 100 restaurants that I could recommend to you, but keep in mind all the restaurants in Playa have menus posted outside in both English and Spanish. Some of the best restaurants are within 3 blocks of El Taj and the other condohotels. This is such a convienent, nice place to stay.

There are several boutique hotels close by as well. You have a lot of great choices.

The Royal Hacienda is not really walkable like the RIU's in Playacar. It's about 4 miles north and it would be best to take a taxi. As you suggest, and I concur, it's a lot more fun to walk to 5th Avenue.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lots of Questions

Hi Everyone,

I just got all the replies. Thank you so much. I will check out all your ideas:)

Sincerely,

Gina

8. Re: Lots of Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 10:32