We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Hi all,

Planning on spending my birthday in PDC early next year and want to rent a 1-2 bedroom condo on the beach. Here are my MUST HAVES:

**unobstructed beachfront, beach view

**reliable wi-fi

**luxurious accomodations, flat screen tv, ipod docking

**walking distance to 5th avenue

Additionally, I would like to have a private plunge pool or private hot tub.

Is this too much to ask? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

You might try going through Bric Rentals http://www.bricrental.com. We're staying in Mamitas Village and they have been great to work with so far.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

yep , here now....got a MUCH better rate then advertised....I cant access my work email right now but look up on google for unit 344 taj oceanfront (not the main website but the owners personal) her name is Laura Decarmine I believe (might be off on the last name) . She owns 2 here if i remember correctly, one penthouse and the one im in 344 (3rd floor great ocean views, nice hot tub on the balcony) ..great choice by the way, we stayed last at pueblito escondito and had a penthouse with private pool,it was really nice but this place blows it way...if you cant find the info online let me know and ill get it to you when we get back next weekend...

Peace

South Florida...
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

btw i gotta believe that with all the recent reviews of the place its going to be harder and harder to get a deal...gluck

On another note just ate at Wickeys(sp?) WOW best quality food ive ever had in Playa by far!! we will be going back a few times before we leave im sure..

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

I just booked a one bedroom (356)with Eduardo Gil who got me 50% off for dec 8-15. Super excited!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

I did a similar search a month ago and ended up on Isla Mujeres at the Privilege Aluxes. It wasn't that Playa didn't have what we wanted, I just found that all of the high end condos were 2-3 bedrooms and $350/night. At that price, it didn't make sence for us especially since it will be just the two of us. PA on Isla has private plunge pools and massive suites at prices that still allow room to eat out at night AND pick the AI option for convenience.

Think 1 bedroom, two bath, two floor suite with a separate living room, balcony and a room top terrace with a private plunge pool AND shower overlooking the Caribbean, all inclusive for $350/night. Breakfast only is about $285/ night so the AI may be worth the extra money even if you eat out. It was for us because we tend to drink a bit on vacation. http://www.privilegehotels.com/

That being said, during my search in PDC for condos, I liked the look of El Taj, Elements and Aldea Thai the most. Aldea Thai was my favorite.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Lmao!! "You ask for the most luxurious condo"and now that you have your answer your only going to book it if you get a really good rate....

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Why not try to get a good rate? It is vacation. Shouldn't you try to have your cake and be able to eat it too?

IMHO, condos need to be cheaper than AI resorts. $350/night is pushing it if you want to eat out nice, have daily maid service, beach service and stock the condo with drinks and snacks - all the usual stuff that you get automatically at an AI. In Playa, full service EP beachfront resorts really don't exist. It is AI, boutique or condo. If you are binging children along, it is a different story. If you are just a couple, condos don't pay in Playa if you want all the on-site amenities of a full service resort.

Don't know how many people the OP is traveling with. If it is more than 2, a condo may be the best bet.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Yes the "listing" prices are high but I dont believe most pay that price. Research and a bit of elbow grease can pay off quite nicely. Dont deal with the condotel management direct or any of the rental companies that rep them, go direct to the owners and no one else will beat the price.

Someone mentioned Bric rental, i spoke with them and a few others going back and forth ("this is he newest offer I received, can you do better") until they all dropped out of the race, they simply cant compete with the owner in the mix.

Of course thats all out the window if its busy but thats supply and demand for you. I do know that its been one of the slowest years down here in some time, bad for businesses here but good for your bottom line.

I paid 1400.00 USD for a 3 bedroom penthouse with private rooftop pool at peublito escondido last trip down. I didnt have to get up at 5am to place a towel on a chair to make sure i had one. I wasnt stuck with an AI deciding what low end brand of booze to choose from or eating their so so food and abiding by their dress codes. We have stayed at some of the nicest AI resorts in the area but in my opinion the condo route is far superior.

Edited: 05 December 2010, 11:54
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

Hi all,

I'm the original poster and I will be traveling to PDC for my birthday in March. For the past couple years, I travelled to Puerto Rico, which I loved, but this year I wanted to go to PDC. I vacationed in Cancun in 2008 and took a day trip to PDC...I loved it so much, I vowed then and there to visit as soon as possible.

I will be traveling solo (as I always do for my bday--it's a time to recharge my batteries, get some sun and meet new people).

And yes, I do want luxury and I do want a good price. As another poster mentioned, why not have your cake and eat it too?

Thanks to everyone for replying--I've really learned a lot and appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I am leaning heavily toward El Taj, although the condos are pricey. I like the idea of contacting owners directly--that's what I will do. Any more suggestions? Keep 'em coming.

Btw...Isla sounds intriguing--I know it's beautiful.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Looking for most luxurious condo to rent

So you will be by yourself. That's what makes it tough. In the nice complexes, it seems like the condos with the roof top pools/hot tubs were all 2 or more bedrooms - mostly 3+.

If you can find something like localit was talking about, that would be great. I didn't realize that the published rates were heavily inflated. I'll keep that in mind for my next trip. This will be our first trip to the area where we won't be relying an the all inclusive plan even though we are staying at an all inclusive property. The AI add on was just so cheap that it really didn't make sence to not get it. I'll see how the budget goes. Eating in Cancun proper can be expensive but Isla is supposed to have a lot of great inexpensive places to eat with the vast majority of them being within walking distance of the hotel. I would think restaurant prices would be in the middle in PDC but the only places we have eaten in town were Babes, La Parilla and Carlos n Charlie's.