We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

wi
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

I see book-it is running a very good price on 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort. They will tell you what resort it is after you book.Wondering if anyone has booked and what resort they got. It also says there is no way to cancel once you have booked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Bookit.com is a great company, we have been using them for years, not one complaint. They will tell you which resort it is immediately after you book. We did the 5 star all adults mystery back in 08 & it was to the Valentin Imperial Maya. You are correct, there are no refunds if you cancel. I will study the url & try to figure out which resort it is for you.

wi
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
2. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Thanks for the info. I wonder if you took insurance you could cancel.

Big Dawg055

Watertown...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

I was actually wondering the same thing. I checked the url but still cannot figure it out. The deal is sweet, $1,400 for 6 nights all inclusive for 2 including nonstop roundtrip airfare via jetblue. That deal is almost too good to be true. Now it just depends what resort it is . . . . . . .

Watertown...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

from.bookit.com/addons.php… <--- the url . . . your guess is as good as mine

wi
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
5. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Called Book-it today and found out the mystery resort is Azul Sensatori but the price quoted is not all-inclusive, thats why its so cheap. Also found out if you take insurance you can cancel.

big dawg055

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Wonder why Bookit had it listed as an "all inclusive"?? Did they give you a reason as to why it was advertised incorrectly? Wow, that's really strange.

wi
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
7. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

They said it was very confusing but when you get the final price it says room only.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Well that's a shame & very misleading (not to mention false advertisement) nevertheless Bookit does run legit "all inclusive mystery resorts" to the Riviera Maya quite often. Their most popular one is the VIM. I have seen them do Occidental Grand Xcaret, Secrets Capri & a few others as well. Hopefully they will list one soon.

Azul Sensatori seems like a nice resort but imo the beach is terrible. I personally wouldn't dare go w/ out the all inclusive, you will wind up getting nickel and dimed to death & Azul is not cheap by any means. Good luck!

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

So glad I checked this thread because I was almost to book! I called them(Bookit) and talked about it with them and "Rob" said he would talk to someone about making this clear. Dang. I was pretty excited there for a bit.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: 4.5 Riviera Maya mystery resort-Book-it

Bigdawg, I thought you would find this interesting. I am still a bit confused & waiting for a response from the op but it sounds like they booked the all-inclusive deal????

tripadvisor.com/…29310752