We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

It seems that most resort pools close by early evening. Any resorts that keep the party going by the pools after dark with music, etc?

Thanks

kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

Bump

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

Barcelo's pool closes around 9ish, but I saw people in the pool around 10ish while the employees were putting chemicals in the pool.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

The adult pools at the Grand Palladium close at midnight (and the bars there close at the same time) with the main pool closing at 8pm in the summer.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

I hear they close the ocean down every night to re-salt it. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Texas
Level Contributor
526 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

I would not advise to swim after hours, that IS when they put chemicals in. It is far better closing early each night than shutting the pool down once a week.

Also, if the ph is off and they have to add muratic acid I would NOT want to be in there until it stabalized.

Enter at your own risk!

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

i think the reason they close pools is that the same staff that work the pool area all day also work the dinning area and shows at night.

also a big liability when guests have been drinking all day.

most pools are treated with chemicals slowly 24 hours a day and not just at night. this keeps the clorine and ph levels constant and safe.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

They really zap the pools in the eve with the chemicals to keep them clean . I wouldnt jump into them after 6 myself. Usually they will post signs to warn the guests.

kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

Thanks for all your help.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,573 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

Do the small hotels close their pool as well? The B&B's we stay at in Key West usually have their pools open 24 hours. Love those late night soaks.

10. Re: Any AI's that keep pools open into the night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 05:18