We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single girls getaway

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
single girls getaway

My friend and I are planning a get away...more for relaxation but we are single ladies...just wondering if this resort would be a good choice...we were given the choice between here and Iberostar Tucan Quetzal...appreciate any feedback.

CT
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: single girls getaway

what is the other choice? My friend repeatedly returns to the Tucan, it is a nice size family resort but she goes with "the girls". The beach is nice and it is close to 5th avenue.

We just went to the Catalonia Riviera Maya (south of the Tucan about 20 minutes) and loved it there. Lots of choices out there...

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: single girls getaway

thanks for your feedback...the other choice is the Grand Palladium...we don't mind families...just prefer to be around more adults than children...i work with them 12 hours a day and this is a vacation :-)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: single girls getaway

I'd stay in town and not at an AI, but if you're set on an AI, the Tucan because it's close to Playa (just a 5 minute taxi ride) or a nice walk on the beach into town.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
474 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: single girls getaway

Try the porto Royal in town for all inclusive. Maybe staying in town none AI might be a good choice too.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: single girls getaway

Id say the Tucan bcuz it has a nicer beach than Palladium, IMO. Like Canylady said you can walk into town if you want to check out the bars and have a nice dinner one night.

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: single girls getaway

thanks for the feedback...we definitely want an all inclusive...a friend of mine told me it's not a cool place for single people...i told her we were planning on mostly relaxing and if we did want to hang out we'd hang at the hotel bar...what do you think?

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: single girls getaway

thanks...so do you think playa in general is a cool place for singles? especially this resort...we definitely want ai...we want mainly want to relax but may get the urge to dance...but i figure we could hang at the hotel bar or maybe got into town one night? what do you think?

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: single girls getaway

as you can tell i've never really posted on forums...i was thanking everyone and had an additional question...hope everyone is able to see it?

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: single girls getaway

thanks...i'll look up the royal...do you think it has less children and more adult fun?

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: single girls getaway

If you want a peaceful , stress free vacation--the Tucan is the place for you.

I'ts 'laid back' during the day and even more so at night.

You wont get hassled by guys at all - but --if you want 'that'--you can always head into Playa and take your pick.

Guests at Tucan are more than willing to intermingle with singles- .

All-inc--is the way to go though.

Have a great vacation ladies .