We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
telford
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Thinking of booking a holiday at the above hotel - anyone know how long it takes to walk to the beach instead of catching the bus. Reply much appreciated.

Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
41,073 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

I really cant tell you. But it would be a long , hot walk. The beach club actually isnt far away---but unfortunately the golf course is between the hotel and the beach club.

telford
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Thank you RobertSDF

We like to walk to the beach wherever we go so I guess the golf course means we would have to take a big detour to get to the beach and it would take a long time to get there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
41,073 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Exactly. I often prefer to walk too but it would be a really long walk in the hot sun. But I think you will enjoy the Lupita. I was there several times and enjoy the place---not a mega resort and I like that. And at many of the mega resorts, while they claim to be on the beach, many rooms are so far away that some sort of shuttle is necessary.

telford
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Thank you RobertSDF, you have helped a lot and as this is our first vist to Mexico from England, I think we are ready to book Riu Lupita as the reviews are really quite good.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
41,073 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

I think you will be happy with your decision. Its a nice small resort with a very friendly helpful staff. And another good thing--no one there trying to sell you timeshares constantly.

Hope you enjoy!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

I used Google Earth's ruler and it's just over 1 1/2 miles to walk to the Lupita's beach club. You can also use the facilities of the Rius Yucatan, Tequila and Playacar while at the Lupita but dinner has to be at your own resort. The Playacar resort is only a few resorts south of the Lupita Beach Club.

telford
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Hi everyone - thank you so much for your information, we are now certainly going to Rui Lupita and may try to walk to the beach even if it is a long way.

Will put a review on when we come home - going first week in June.

Ingersoll, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

You can also get off the shuttle at the Playa del Carmen 5th Ave stop and then walk from there down to the entrance to the beach club. It is a nice walk depending on how hot it is at the time. Nice to know that you have the option of taking the shuttle if it is a hot day. Still have the walk down the walkway to get to the beach to or you can walk back up the beach to Playa del Carmen and catch the shuttle to go back to the Lupita. Many options. Nice small resort with larger activity pool and smaller quiet pool. Only one buffet and one ala carte at the Lupita but can use some of the other Riu if you want. We enjoyed the small resort where the staff made the effort to get to know you and stop at your table to talk. Have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

Its a nice beach club. We had to use it in Jan due to the beach closure at Riu Playacar. You will have a great time and the walk is a good idea bcuz of all the food and drink you consume.

Edited: 27 April 2010, 01:07
10. Re: Riu Lupita shuttle bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 05:17