We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having Trouble Deciding.......

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Having Trouble Deciding.......

Between an AI and renting a condo in PDC. We have only done one AI in Jamaica and while it was nice we thought we might like to try something different this time.

Can someone tell me approximately what we should budget for food, we will probably eat most dinners out, seafood, steak, Italian and of course Mexican. I would quite happily stay in and cook for ourselves but my husband would rather go out. I have read that beer etc is quite reasonable to buy so that is not an issue.

Also is shrimp and lobster readily available to purchase in PDC?

Any input would be appreciated.

Maryland
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Having Trouble Deciding.......

In the right hand column click on the question Where should I eat.Then click on meal costs.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having Trouble Deciding.......

Take into consideration if you are cooking you will need spices etc. Do you realy want to do all that on vacation?? Even though you said you will eat dinner out mostly, it still seems like alot of work for you. Make a list of things you think you will want for breakfast, lunch and snacks and then see if its worth it to rent the condo or just do a small hotel in town instead.

3. Re: Having Trouble Deciding.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 07:17