We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public drinking on 5th avenue..

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wallingford, PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
public drinking on 5th avenue..

Anybody know if you can walk the avenue with an open can of beer with a hassle from the policia??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

We have done it without issue.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

Just did it two weeks ago.

Wallingford, PA
Level Contributor
312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

thanks

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

hubby does it every time we're there -- buys a Sol at a pharmacia for $1 and walks around while we're shopping.

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

I have done it too... but I was told that it is not legal (by the vendor). The police just don't hassle the tourists if you are behaving yourself.

Wausau, WI
Level Contributor
512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

Post #100

I LOVE buying beers at the Pharmacia (for 10 pesos) and walking around shopping with cerveza in hand!

Love Mexico!

connecticut
Level Contributor
190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

Walking around with beer in hand on fifth while shopping feels like youre doing something wrong.Also don't forget to drink plenty of water,got to rehydrate.I learened my lesson a few years ago.After the third day of constant drinks and sun,I felt myself drying out.Not a good feeling.Need to drink plenty of water to feel right.

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

They would probably be insulted if you didn't drink in public......gives me something to do while my wife shops.....

9. Re: public drinking on 5th avenue..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 08:16