My boyfriend and I have a trip to Play Del Carmen scheduled for leaving May 12th-15th. Just a 3 day trip, but nevertheless we have been SO excited because it is our first trip to Mexico. We didn't even let the Swine Flu scare get us down. We kept visions of the sunny beach in our heads. (We live in Colorado and its still snowing!) In any case, I was really disheartened to see the weather forecast is as follows for our days in Playa:
Tues May 12th: Isolated T storms (30% chance)
Wed May 13th: Showers (40% chance)
Thu May 14th : Showers (60% chance)
(mind you for every one of these days they smack a big rain cloud picture on it)
I have to decide within the next couple days if we should cancel our trip. I am SO torn because I want to go so bad, but I will feel horrible if my boyfriend spends $1000 on this trip (which to us is a LOT even though its a good deal) and then it rains the whole time and we cant even enjoy the beach. I dont know what to do. I read on some other posts on here that a lot of times they call for showers and it only rains 20 minutes or so and then clears up. Any input on this?? Even if it doesn't rain all day, do you think it'd still be cloudy all day? Input from anyone would be so appreciated. I am so torn on deciding whether to go or not. Please help!