We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Bongos?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Bongos?

Did I read correctly that there is one in PDC? What is it like compared to the one in Cancun?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Bongos?

Yes. There's a new Coco Bongo in PDC. I didn't go when I was there recently, but I think it's pretty much the same deal -- maybe smaller, maybe not as many spring breakers...but that's just a guess. Check out the shows on You Tube to get an idea.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Bongos?

Gotta love youtube. Thanks.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Bongos?

Unfortunately, it's now in PDC. It's the same chain, same entertainment. Hope they don't turn PDC into Cancun, but it looks like that's the direction its headed.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Bongos?

This is a must-do in PDC. It is quite a spectacle and loads of fun and energy. We even saw some old geezers come in with a worried look on their faces, but within about ten minutes they were having a great time.

detroit
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Bongos?

How old were the "old geezers"? we are planning on going. 2 couples, 36 and 45.......still young at heart

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,532 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Bongos?

A number of key restrictions on noise, events, and construction/achitecture mean that PDC will not head towards being another Cancun.

Happily. :-)

Steve

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Bongos?

What's the minimum age to qualify as an "old geezer"?

T.O
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Bongos?

Just got back from playa. We didnt bother going there, heard it wasnt worth it.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Bongos?

The geezers were in their 60's I would say. There were plenty of couples in their 40's.

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Bongos?

i think the opening of coco bongo is a sign of where pdc is going. the small hotel i stayed at on the beach had a new condo on each side of it without even an air gap.while they may not be able to build as high as cancun they are building everywhere.the other big clubs in cancun are sure to follow.