We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
405 posts
38 reviews
Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

We returned Thursday after spending 2 weeks at the Tequila and would be happy to answer any questions. I shall be posting an extensive review soon.

Karen.

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
405 posts
38 reviews
41. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

Hi Steph sorry for calling you Steve!

There were children there of that age and as long as they like to swim or play on the beach they will have a lovely time. I did see that they are introducing a Kid's Club this summer but I don't think that's until June or July. There is a small childrens play area with their own small splash pool.

There are several different kinds of animals roaming around so they will love that. Lots of cats too. They are not wild or feral and they get fed by the guests and are well looked after.

In the evening before the main show, they have the kids on stage for some fun and games. Its to wear them out I think!

There is ice-cream constantly on tap so they will be happy!

Kansas
3 posts
42. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

We stayed at the tequila july 08, and we meet a bartender named Almondo SP? Is he still there? He was great!

Dave

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
43. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

I have read many different reviews and forums on the dinner reservations? Is this really as awful as it sounds as far as having to get up at 6am to get seats? I have also seen that there is a dress code for these but seems an if it is not always enforced. Going with an open, relaxed mind and not expecting too much.

vancouver
Level Contributor
604 posts
3 reviews
44. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

We just got back on the 20th of March after staying for two weeks at the Tequila. We had a hard time getting reservations, but it was spring break and they had alot of weddings. We got to the lobby at 7:10 one morning and could not get into the steakhouse. It seemed to be the most popular. We finally got in one day but had to be in the lobby at 6:30 to get the reservation. We never did get into the Mexican, but we only tried once. We went to the Asian twice and it was our favorite. It is still buffet style but the food is excellent. We loved the hotel and the main buffet is good also. You will have a great time.

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
45. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

Thanks for the info sunandstars hoping the spring break crowd has died down when we get there in two weeks.

46. Re: Just returned from Riu Tequila - Any ?????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:19