We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

Hi there! need to decide soon. Hoping to hear from someone familiar with these hotels. Plan to stay 2 weks in Dec, so need to keep the cost per night low, lucky I want/love small boutique hotel. I am leaning toward the Americana. Want at least a fridge and coffee maker.Cielo seems nice,...want to book soon so thanks in advance. looking for as "authentic" experience as possible.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

I am not familiar with Adventura Americana, but Cielo's is a great little boutique hotel. Take a look at their web site. Check out Luna Blue and the Lunata as well. They get very good reviews from TA.

Cielo www.hotelcielo.com

Luna Blue www.lunabluehotel.com

Lunata www.lunata.com

Boston
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

Stayed at Aventura Mexicana last 2 years.. great boutique hotel, with great staff, quiet, close to beach and 5th ave. Enjoy!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

friends stayed at Adven. Mex. and it was very nice, lots of pools, very nice courtyard and bar area.

Very quiet. Really quite private.

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

Do you mean Adventura Mexicana? I stayed there a few years ago when it was Tierra Maya. Quiet location, close to Mamitas Beach Club, nice bed, fridge, A/C, cable and Mexican tile and decor.

Have a great time!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i15504-Playa_De…

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
5. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

thank you all! I just noticed that I took it upon myself to rename the adventura hotel! Bloody American! yes I meant Mexicana, not americana:)(obviously I'm still quite the rotten speller).I am leaning towards the americana mostly because I can opt for a fridge, micro, etc. Henry from cielo has been very helpful and has emailed me, but they don't have the kitchen options. Staying two weeks, I know I will need such options. Rik, any room # recommendations? Also BIG thanks for the mention of Mexican decor. I didn't realise until a few days ago, how much room decor means to me, but only when I am in another country. I want my room to look like its in Mexico, when I am in Mexico; not like I am in the US, or Japan, etc. Live and learn. Thanks again!

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

Too funny Mission! Maybe you could stay the first 2-3 nights at Cielo and then move to the Americana ;)

Have a great time!

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
7. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

si si signor! :) Thanks for your link. Very helpful! All my kinds of places.

Btw, I am laughing and kicking myself at the same time, which although humorous, is actually quite difficult. Then add chewing gum, touching your nose with your eyes closed and being a natural blond into the mix and damnnit if it just gets a tad overwelming...anyhoot, I digress....why I am laughing and kicking is because my tentative trip just went up 300bucks in a few days, so I am feeling the pressure. of. my. impending. decision:)

Its now 40 degrees in Cleveland.

Montana
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

Wife and I booked Aventura Mexicana Feb 15-21. Hope it is as good as everyone says it is. Is it safe to walk to and from there at night? Have never stayed in the Little Italy end of Quinta Avenida. I did see that it is only about 6 blocks or so from my favorite place to eat, El Fogon's.

9. Re: any advice re Hotel cielo vs. adventura americana?(sp?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 16:19