We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 choices

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 choices

If you were to choose between these 3 resorts which one would you want? Beach, room, then food is how I would like to see them rated. And what was the best thing you liked about the resort besides the workers?

1. Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa

2. Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya

3. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa.

I'd love to go to the Iberostar Paraiso Maya I just can't fit it into my budget. Perhaps another time.

Thanks ahead,

Wenchie

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 choices

Hi there I have been to the Grand Pallidum and loved it.As far as the others I have not been to.As far as rating the Pallidum is a 5 golden apple with apple vacations the other two are just 5s.The Valentin is new.The beach at the Pallidum is beautiful white pink sand food was great and pools and lots of wildlife.Hope this helps have fun!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 choices

Thank tamwalt75, I appreciate you answering.

I am guessing no one else has been.

Thanks again.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 choices

I stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach last year and the Iberostar Del Mar this year (They are next to the Lindo and in the same complex). We had a great time and I highly recommend these resorts. From Boston they are the same, lower or the same price compared to the ones you mentioned. If you'd like to see my pics and videos here then click on my name. Once into my site go to the top and you'll see "photos"and "videos". I took these in Feb. The resort is beautiful,great service and very clean. I brought my 23 year old daughter ans we had a blast.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 choices

Hola! I've been to all three of your choices. The Grand Palladium was the very first resort we visited in the Riviera Maya and got hooked! That was just after it opened about 6yrs ago I think. Sandos playacar was ok, but not my favourite. Just returned from the Valentin last Sunday....wow! It's adults only and for sure a cut above the other two. We're beach people, and I think it has the best beach; also the nicest room and food. In fact, is the best IMO in all of your important categories. I've also stayed at the Iberostar Maya - which I loved too, but it's not adults only (we had family with us at the time). Any other questions about any of them...ask away (hopefully, I can remember!:):) Cheers! Margaret

5. Re: 3 choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 12:21