We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storing luggage

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Storing luggage

So we're flying in and going to coz. For 3 days. Don't want to take all our luggage over on the ferry. Is there anywhere we can store it for days that's safe? Our resort will not keep it for us. I'm oing to try and pack less but going for 11 days.. A girl needs her flip flops!

13 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Storing luggage

The ADO bus terminal at 5th Ave & Juarez has a luggage storage room up the stairs. An attendant is on duty while the room is open (I don't know the opening hours), and only he has access to the room. I assume the room is locked if it closes overnight.

Rates are per hour based on size of luggage, and there's a daily rate of 100 pesos regardless of size.

Edited: 21 July 2018, 18:53
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Storing luggage

Thank you. My husband thought it looked like they wouldn't keep them over night. But I believe it was also in Spanish so that didn't help.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,803 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storing luggage

ADO will keep your luggage overnight and I have used their services . A very secure location but not cheap since they charge by the hour. But they do have a maximum charge for day which I don't recall.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,803 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storing luggage

I looked at a photo I had of the rates for storage at ADO and they have a maximum of 100 pesos per day for any size bag.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Storing luggage

Wow that's awesome! Thank you so much.!

Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storing luggage

I saw the luggage storage place at the ADO station on 5th last time I was there, it was down stairs. Has it moved? I had not noticed it previously.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storing luggage

Downstairs is where I saw it.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Storing luggage

If it were me, I'd just take all my luggage to Cozumel. If I didn't want to handle it, I'd just tip the ferry porters 100 pesos to deal with it, then get a pedicab or taxi on Cozumel and let them deal with it also.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,803 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Storing luggage

For years the luggage storage at the 5th Av. terminal was upstairs. I haven't needed if recently so it could have moved.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Storing luggage

As Leon noted, storing luggage in Playa del Carmen makes no sense. Pay a minor amount to get help and/or pack less.

How will you get the luggage from your car to the check in at home?

Terminal 4 the distance from luggage claim to the ground transportation is not mere yards.

Pack less. Wash clothes while there. Four pairs of shoes is adequate!

Reply to: Storing luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted