We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Day Transfers

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Corpus Christi Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Day Transfers

I was hoping somebody who has used Best Day Transfers can tell me if I book their regular shuttle service to the ferry , do they load you with other passengers going to the ferry or do they load you up with people who are going to the hotel zone in Cancun and then take you to the ferry

THANKS

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Day Transfers

I have used them 5 times and 4 times we went straight to the ferry. Once we dropped off a couple in downtown Cancun (not the hotel zone) on the way to the ferry. It only added 5 minutes to the trip. I will still use them each time.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Day Transfers

If you buy round trip, do they schedule a time to pick you up from the ferry for the return trip?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Day Transfers

When we stayed at PA a couple of years ago, the hotel included the shuttle from and to the airport. I dont know if they are still doing that, thought you might want to check, just in case.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 14:07
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,738 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Day Transfers

If you look at Best Day's pricing, they offer "VIP" service, which means a private car that goes straight to the ferry. The "regular" service allows them to share the van, but many have reported that even with "regular" service they got their own van--it depends on the time of year and how many people are coming in that day. Either way, Best Day will tell you what time to meet them at the ferry for your return trip.

philly
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Day Transfers

Best Day is the best transfer service. If you are going to the ferry, they do not take along people that are going to the hotel zone because they use a different route. That has been our experience the last four times we have used them. Prior to leaving the airport to go to the, they will give you a time for pick-up for you return flight.

philly
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Day Transfers

*prior to leaving the airport to go to the ferry!!

Lansdale...
Level Contributor
226 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Day Transfers

I booked on line with Best Day and only booked one way since we don't have return plans yet. I got an email confirmation as well as a phone call to be sure that we had not made a mistake in not mentioning a return date. I was impressed !

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,738 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Day Transfers

We like Best Day but just as many are confirmed customers of USA Transfers, whose prices are slightly cheaper and who also provide car seats for children, if requested. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Day Transfers

If you are doing a private transfer, USA Transfers comes in cheaper at $65 for 2 round trip vs Best Day at $90. if you do the Best Day shuttle, it's only $34 round trip for 2 according to their websites. I wonder how long you have to wait on average for the shuttle to fill up?

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
144 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Day Transfers

Glad you guys posted this! I had forgotten to book Best Day for our trip. THIS time I swore we would take everyone's advise and go Best Day. Very much looking forward to not having to do the haggle game!!