We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

Hi all,

Thinking of doing PA for my 50th bday in February. We always do all-inclusive because we like to have beers and drinks during the day. Can anyone tell me about the all-inclusive drinks at PA?

Canned beer or bottled, draft, brands?

Crown Royal? other brands of whiskey. Absolute vodka or better?

Any insight you can provide on food and drinks would be great!!

8 replies to this topic
Philly
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

We drank Grey Goose on the beach there but we were not AI. Prices were ok.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,049 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

For beer, they do Dos Equis products. It has been a couple of years since we have been there (2016 and 3 other times), but they have always has a selection of beer on the beach available on AI - no dealing with 1 beer on tap in little plastic cups. They have also been more than willing to send over a bucket of beer on ice. BTW, they have great beach service, and you can almost always find an open palapa. They have the best beach experience of any place we have been to.

At the swim up bar they usually have one lager and one darker beer - both on tap. I think it was Dos Equis and Leon last time.

For booze and wine, we usually buy what we want at Chedraui and stock the room. Most AI's have terrible wine, so this method works better for my wife. A 30oz bubba keg can hold 1 bottle of wine with ice.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,286 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

Thanks people who reported back, here’s a list of liquor at PA:

APERTIFS; Martini Rojo, Martini Bianco, Martini Seco

RUM: Calipso, Bacardi Blanco, Barcardi Anejo, Bacardi Solero (Matusalem18 anos, not included, only for sale)

VODKA: Smirnoff, Absolut, and Gray Goose (according to recent 2017 traveler)

GIN: Gordons, Tanqueray (Bombay Shaphire is an extra charge)

TEQUILA: Jose Cuervo, Jimador, 100 Anos (Herradura and Don Julio are extra charges)

DIGESTIVES: Amaretto, Sambuca, Brogans, Baileys

BOURBON: Benchmark, Kentucky, Jim Beam (Jack Daniels is an extra charge)

WHISKEY: James Alexander, LTD Canadian, Black Velvet, Best Seller, J & B, Ballentines, J. Walker E. Roja ( J. Walker E Negra, Buchanan and Chivas are extra charges)

BEER: Tecate, Sol, Coors light, Victoria, Leon (Negra Modelo and Modelo Especial are extra charges)

BRANDY: Fundador, Don Pedro Gran Rva (Carlos 1 is extra charge)

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

Thanks for all your replies!

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
344 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

Regarding bourbon, interesting that they have Benchmark as something rarely seen and even as a bourbon geek I've never had it. It's produced by Buffalo Trace which many believe puts out the best products.

There is no brand called just "Kentucky." There are Kentucy Tavern, Kentucky Gentleman, Pure Kentucky XO and probably many others. I would be curious to know the actual brand name if someone has it.

Jack Daniels is not a bourbon. NOT because it is made in Tennessee but because it is produced by a slightly different process.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

What they have and what they serve are not the same.

Also, the beers change daily as they frequently run out. The week, they have Bohemia, Heineken, too.

The sour is they use has a weird taste, like it has artificial sweetener. I’d stick to beer.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
344 posts
105 reviews
7. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

The mystery brand listed as "Kentucky" is actually Kentucky Gentleman.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive

As far as food goes on the beach I can recommend the Shrimp and the pork tacos with Hanenero sauce. The fish and the shrimp Ceviche. The fried whole fish, The beef kabobs, the fettuccine alfredo which I order with shrimp,nachos. I could go on but pretty much everything is good.

Reply to: Privilege Aluxes All-inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted