We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mia Reef Official Site

Dallas, Texas
5 posts
1 review
Mia Reef Official Site

Hi y'all,

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on where to stay with the kids (ages 5 and 13) when we return to Isla next month. We've decided to split the week between PA and Mia Reef, so everyone gets what they came for :)

From what I am reading, we will have to book the Presidential Suite at PA for four guests (which seems silly, as the 5-year old will likely end up in our bed and the Honeymoon Suite would be plenty big). I just need PA to return my FB message or email, so we can book!

We also plan to stay at Mia Reef for three nights. Here's where I am getting tripped up. Google search is sending me to the web site of "Vacation Store," which is showing a quote literally half the price of what I am seeing on Expedia. But I Googled them and the results are extremely mixed, either glowing or horrible (which makes me concerned). So two questions:

- can someone provide the OFFICIAL link to Mia Reef (I am getting a ton served up on Google, but it's not readily clear which one is really, real).

- have any of you booked through Vacation Store? I am very leery, given what I have read. And I'm a firm believer that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. :)

Thanks in advance for your help! Can't wait to get back to the beauty of Isla.

5 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Mia Reef Official Site

I'd be careful and check to see if that cheap price includes a mandatory session with the vacation club salespeople. There has been some comment about how aggressive the sales staff are.

Philly
Level Contributor
519 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Mia Reef Official Site

We were at Mia two weeks ago. We did not book a special rate based on agreeing to a presentation...but at check-in we were asked to go with a woman who would "give us a tour of the amenities of the resort." That is not what you get. She gives a brief description of the restaurants, then launches into a high pressure pitch for the vacation club presentation. Offers a free cruise or dinner if you agree to sit through the presentation. I had to get really huffy to cut her short. Mrs. Kelb says the pitch was not high pressure, but when I say no and the person keeps asking "Well why not??"...to me, that is high pressure, and not what I paid for when I booked the resort. That said, the rest of our stay was awesome/

Arizona
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
229 reviews
3. Re: Mia Reef Official Site

Hotels have occupancy limits per room. These limits are overseen by Civil Proteccion and fines can be applied if the hotel doesn't abide by them. Kids, even babies are counted as occupants in hotel rooms, on the ferry and in airport transfers. I am guessing this is why for four people you have to reserve the Presidential Suite at PA.

Often the lower prices advertised are before taxes. I would book directly with Mia. Here is their website with a booking option. There local number is 998-881-3900 and the toll free number from the States is 877-243-7883. Enjoy your time on the Island.

hotelmiareefislamujeres.com/default-en.html…

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Mia Reef Official Site

50% off sale directly through Mia Reef site until 10pm tonight!

Dallas, Texas
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Mia Reef Official Site

Thanks, jschall!!!

Reply to: Mia Reef Official Site
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted