We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grove City, Ohio...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

My family and I are getting ready to book a vacation package through cheapcarribean.com and are wondering if they are really worth it. I've read about terrible customer support and about flight cancellations.

Please help!! We can only afford one vacation a year and I am starting to worry myself sick about where to book!

Thanks!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

Airlines cancel flights. If you are concerned about that travel site, there are others. You can book airfare directly with an airline but that does not guarantee that the flight will not be changed. Stuff happens when you travel but the number of people negatively impacted is probably minute.

West Michigan
Level Contributor
503 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

this is my 6th year of going to mexico (5 in Riviera Maya and this year to cozumel). I have used Cheap Carribean every single time with NO problems. We have never had a flight cancelled and have only had minor changes in the flight details after booking..but please be aware--this is NOT the fault of CC, it is the airlines changing their schedule. I dont know about the negative reviews you have read or about the flight cancellations, but I would assume that would ALSO be the fault of the airline and not CC. You are given 'insurance' when you purchase your package and this includes complete refund for a trip interruption or cancellation. you can read about it on their website. They have always been very helpful. I would recommend CALLING and booking thru their agent on the phone instead of just doing it on the website as you can get much more information and accuracy this way. CC is one of the only companies that I am aware of (and i do lots of checking/comparing/ pricing) that allows you to pay 1/2 of your vacation costs at the time of booking and then the remainder of the balance 3 weeks prior to your departure date. This year I found a cheaper price on Book-it.com and called CheapCarribean to inquire about price matching. Not only did they price match, they beat it by 1.00 (no big deal..) BUT it also enabled me to be able to pay only 1/2 upfront and the remainder later--something that I wouldnt have been able to do with BOOKIT .(note--bookit does have a deposit program, but not all properties that they sell for will support that and the Sabor did not at the time I booked, so I would have had to pay the entire amount at booking). now I will say that the one thing that is missing from CC that is present with some of the other companies (apple) at the larger resorts is a representative on site. We have NEVER missed this. There has never been an occassion for us to have needed a rep. on site and you are provided with 1-800 numbers to call them at any time if you need any kind of assistance.

sorry this is so long, but I can not sing their praises enough!

Grove City, Ohio...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

CO_... I've rifled through tons of posts about Cozumel and you're always there giving wonderful tips and information. Thank you!

ginka... That's what I thought. I've checked the exact same package at every site I can find and they all offer the EXACT same flight (flight #'s, departure/arrival times, etc). I figured that any cancellations/changes HAD to be on the part of the airline, so would therefore effect vacationers booking through any site equally!

We are taking our kids and they each are taking a friend (total of 6 people) and we already know that we want to stay at the El Cozumeleno Beach Resort. The biggest seller for us to choose CC is the deposit program!!! It is actually cheaper, as well, but we would probably pay a little more to have the deposit option as we could not afford to pay the total up front which would mean we couldn't book until we were really close to the date... and then who knows what will happen with pricing.

Thanks for all the help!!

Springfield Oregon
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

I booked thru my travel agent and can do the same deposit program. Also, You can book directly with the airlines vacation program and do the deposit.

No extra charge for either. Their prices were cheaper than CC.

Hope that helps!

Kyla

El COZ Mar 20-30, 2012!!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

5 trips with cheap caribbean and never a problem.......

Enjoy your trip however you book it.

Hattiesburg, MS
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

Everytime I check Cheap Carribean's prices, Orbitz or Expedia is usually the better deal--except for this year when Priceline was the cheapest. I would try all of them before I booked and pick the best value, as all of them are major sites and you shouldn't have any issues with any of them.

7. Re: Cheapcarribean.com to Cozumel... Cancelled flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:16